If you have friends who add you to irrelevant groups then this post is for you. In this post, you will be learning how to stop people from adding you to WhatsApp groups.
WhatsApp groups help us to keep in touch with friends, families and people of like minds. It is a good way to stay connected with them no matter the distance.
However, messages from groups when abused. There are groups that when added, we either found such either irrelevant, boring or disturbing. When this happens, you can always remove yourself from such groups.
Also, a better way to prevent this is to stop people from adding you to WhatsApp groups especially if you have friends that won’t stop adding you to such groups. WhatsApp group privacy settings prevent you from been added to groups.
You may also like:
- Top 10 Small Business Ideas in 2020
- Easy Methods To Read WhatsApp Deleted Messages
- How to Stop Media Files from Downloading Automatically on WhatsApp
- Ways to Make Money Online from your Home
This is a great idea to restrict people from adding you to groups as long as they have your contact. Also, the method works for both Android and iOS versions of WhatsApp.
How to Stop People From Adding You to WhatsApp Groups
- An updated version of WhatsApp (Install here).
Steps to Stop People From Adding You to WhatsApp Groups on Android
- Launch WhatsApp and visit the Settings tab. Further, select Account, then privacy.
- Then, select Groups and you can choose to be added by Everyone, My Contacts, or My Contacts Except someone.
- To prevent someone from adding you, choose My Contacts Except, and proceed to choose the contact you want to prevent from adding you to groups. You can add more than one contact in case you want to deny more people access or select all contacts so that no one can add you anymore.
- Before the people added can add you to groups, they will be required to chat you privately to send you an invite and you may choose to join or not.
Steps to Stop People From Adding You to WhatsApp Groups on iOS
- Run WhatsApp and Settings. Select Account, then choose privacy.
- Now, select Groups and choose My Contacts Except option.
- Further, proceed to choose the contacts you want to prevent from adding you to groups. You can select all to prevent everyone from adding you.
- Now, before people can add you to groups, they will have to send you an invite privately and you may choose to join or not.
You have just learnt to stop people from adding you to WhatsApp groups.
You may also like:
- 10 Ways to Make Money Online for Beginners
- How to Recharge Your Smartphone Using the Camera
- How to Set Up or Organize a Zoom Meeting
- 5 Best SEO Tips for New Blogs
Found this post helpful? Kindly share your thoughts below and then share with friends.