In this post, you will be learning how to make WhatsApp voice and video calls using Google Assistant.
During the previous year, Google added a feature that let users initiate voice and video calls using its Assistant app. This feature will let you initiate a WhatsApp call by saying a simple command.
However, the command is neither hard nor ambiguous but just a simple phrase telling the Google Assistant what you want it to do. Also, the feature has been made available to work with every device. So, it is supposed to work with every device if the command is done right.
If you would like to try making that WhatsApp call with Google Assistant, you only to follow the procedures highlighted below to do it the right way.
You may also like:
- How to Copy Texts from Images Using Google Lens
- 6 WhatsApp Features Not Available on Web Version
- How to Download and Install iOS 14, iPadOS 14 Public Beta
How to Make WhatsApp Voice or Video Calls with Google Assistant
To place a WhatsApp call, all you need to do is to say either of the following commands.
For WhatsApp Voice Calls
To make an audio call, just say either of the two commands.
- “Hey Google, make a WhatsApp call to (contact name)” or
- “Hey Google, call (contact-name) on WhatsApp”
Immediately after saying either of these, your voice call will be placed to the contact names.
For WhatsApp Video calls
To send a WhatsApp video call, you need to say the command in this either of these formats.
- “Hey Google, make a WhatsApp video call to (contact name)” or
- “Hey Google, video call (contact-name) on WhatsApp”
That is all you need to place a video call without the need to launch WhatsApp itself on your device.
Google’s original command to the Assistant is in the form “Hey Google, WhatsApp video (contact name)”. However, when you use this command, Assistant send you to YouTube and play videos instead.
Besides, if you don't include “WhatsApp” when saying the command, Google's Duo app hijacks the call instead of WhatsApp.
Further, ensure you add a nickname to contacts you call often to avoid confusion in cases of two or more similar contact names.
You may also like:
- How to Get Google AdSense Approval for WordPress Blogs
- How to use Google Calculator or Calculate with Google
- Google Assistant can be used to Send Money to your Contacts
Found this guide on how to make WhatsApp voice and video calls using Google Assistant helpful? Please leave your comments below. lastly, remember to share this post with friends.