Are you looking for ways to boot your Android device to factory settings? In this post, you will be learning how to format your Android device.
There are different reasons why you might need to consider wiping all data on your smartphone and make it start afresh. No matter what the reason can be, this guide will help you achieve it without stress.
You may also like:
- How to Easily Scan Documents Using Phone
- How To Know If You Are Using A Google Certified Android Phone
- Learn to Find Your Lost Android Phone Using IMEI Number
How to Format Your Android Device
There are two ways through which you can format an Android device. One is to consider the factory reset option and the other, wipe the device using the Android recovery mode.
Using Factory Reset Option
The factory reset option from the Android Settings is a great tool to out your phone into a fresh boot. To use this tool, kindly follow the steps below.
- Launch the Settings app on your device and navigate to Personal.
- Now, tap the Backup & Restore, then select Factory Data Reset and tap Reset Device. Wait for some minutes and your phone will be as good as new.
Using Android Recovery Mode
The Android recovery mode let you wipe your phone data completely. Kindly follow the steps below to give your phone that fresh boot it deserves.
- Turn off your Android phone.
- While off, press and hold the volume up key (volume up + power key in some devices) for a short period to boot into recovery mode menu. You can navigate around the menu with your volume keys.
- Now, navigate to factory reset mode.
- Press the power key to confirm.
You may also like:
- Tips to Speed Up Your Smartphone in 2020
- How to Bypass Android Lock screen and Unlock a Smartphone
- 7 Unknown Things You Can Do With Your Android Phone
Found these tips on how to format your Android device helpful? Kindly share this post with friends.