Are you a Windows OS user? Do you want to protect your PC from threats and malware? If yes, continue reading!! If you are looking for the best free antivirus software you can get for your PC in the new year, then you are on the right page.
In this post, I’ll be talking about the 5 Best Free Antivirus Software to Protect your PC in 2020 to protect your computer from threats and malware.
Before I start with the list of these free antivirus software, let’s talk about the usefulness of free antivirus software. If you are wondering about the usefulness of free antivirus, then I guess you need to read this.
Cybersecurity firms that develop free antivirus software, design this software with some interesting features. For example, free scanners from the likes of Kaspersky, Avast, Bitdefender and so on do a decent job when it comes to best free virus protection. So take your time and decide which antivirus software is best for your PC.
Before you continue, kindly take a look at How to Unlock Thousands of Genres of Movies and TV Shows on Netflix. We have also discussed 10 Best Programming Languages You Need to Learn in 2020 and Why
so as to get your Android phone protected as well.
5 Best Free Antivirus Software to Protect your PC in 2020
1. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is an antivirus software designed by the Romanian internet security solutions company, Bitdefender. Of all the top-notch products for home and business use that the company develops, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is one of them. As expected, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition has almost all the major features you’d expect from a top-rated and free virus protection program. Let us now take a look at some of these features.
What are the features of Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition software that makes one of the 5 Best Free Antivirus Software to Protect your PC in 2020?
Special features of Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Software
- Anti-phishing feature – With this feature, you give yourself protection and take control of your online accounts in the best manner possible.
- Behavioural detection – This feature helps your apps get monitored and instant action is taken if there is any possible reason for one.
- Anti-fraud – If during the cause of visiting a website and it seems the website is trying to scam you; this feature warns you about this in order for you to take necessary action.
- On-demand virus scanning – This ensures the removal of different kinds of malware, viruses, spyware and so on.
This antivirus protection is quick and easy to install with all these features available on the Free version.
Another interesting thing about this software is that this free virus scanner keeps running in the background all the time and comes with an easy to use interface. So what more features does a free antivirus software need to have?
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition software worth considering for antivirus protection in 2020.
For those that want to know what’s in stock for the paid version, let me tell you that the paid version comes with even more advanced features like browser hardening, specialized ransomware protection, social networking protection, password manager, Bitdefender Autopilot, and so on.
You also get a VPN protection for added security and safety while browsing the web. Above all, the paid version is available for a 30-day free trial.
Is Bitdefender compatible with any device? Are there restrictions on which OS it can work?
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is supported by:
- Windows OS
If you are using Windows OS, you can install the software on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
You can download Bitdefender Free Antivirus software here.
2. Avast Free Antivirus
Another free antivirus software you can use in 2020 that will save and protect your computer from different malware and viruses is Avast Free Antivirus.
The latest release of this software claims to be one of the best lightweight antivirus solutions and promises to be an “a light touch on your PC”.
Avast Antivirus is one of the best antivirus software is one of the best possible choices you have to get your free antivirus software in 2020.
What features made Avast Antivirus software one of the best choices for me? Let’s take a look at the features of this antivirus software that makes it a worthy leader among all solutions.
Special Features of Avast Free Antivirus
- Cyber Capture – This is a cloud-based scanner that sends suspicious files for further analysis in the cloud. If the suspected files turn out to be a threat, then all the users are protected in the future.
- Wi-Fi Inspector – This feature finds flaws in your home Wi-Fi and makes it more secure
- Smart Scan – This detects various small-big security holes present on your PC
- Intelligent Antivirus – Avast Free Antivirus sometimes dubbed the intelligent antivirus detects viruses, ransomware, malware and, other potential threats use what is called Smart Analytics to stop the threats at the earliest possible time.
- Behaviour Shield – This feature keeps an eye on the apps and their behaviour to make sure that they don’t harm your PC.
Above all, it is no doubt that Avast is not just antivirus software, but a featured rich one when compared to other antivirus software. Not even Bitdefender!!
There is a feature that Avast Free Antivirus software possesses that even places it amongst all other antivirus software. This feature uses machine-learning-powered protection that learns and improves itself with time.
For those that will like to go for the paid version, you need to know that the paid version comes with features like firewall, anti-spam, sandboxing, and so on. The paid version comes with a 30-day free trial. So are you up to get the smartest online protection for your device? Why not try Avast?
The smartest online protection for your device is available for Windows, Mac and, Android platforms.
3. Kaspersky Free Antivirus
Let’s talk about another top-notch free antivirus software you can get for your device in 2020. Kaspersky Free Antivirus, a lightweight antivirus from Kaspersky Labs is a basic program that doesn’t come with any fancy features (at least not like Avast) but promises to do its job diligently.
Features of Kaspersky Free antivirus
The features of this light-weight antivirus software include protection against dangerous malware, viruses, phishing attacks, and so on. Accompanying this already mentioned features is its web protection that makes sure that you don’t get fooled by some websites. Also, you can also get email protection as well.
For those that need advanced features such as safe online transactions, kid’s security, password manager, and so on, I guess you need to try the paid version of this software which is available for a 30-day trial. You also save up to 50% by getting the paid version of Kaspersky Total Security.
Kaspersky Free Antivirus software is compatible with Windows OS alone. If you are using another OS, then try other Antivirus software.
4. AVG Free Antivirus
Another free antivirus software that is worth getting in 2020 for the protection of your PC is AVG Free Antivirus. This antivirus software ranks among the best you can get in 2020 for protecting your PC from threats and malware. AVG Free Antivirus is AVG’s popular free virus scanner program that continues to get better. Let’s take a look at some of its features.
Special features of AVG Free Antivirus
- Real-Time Security Updates
- Complete Virus scan and protection from different kinds of malware including viruses, spyware, ransomware, etc.
- Web protection to keep you safe from unsafe downloads and links.
- Email scanning to keep you safe from spam messages
- Scans your PC for performance issues and notifies you.
Like every other free antivirus, AVG free Antivirus gives you a 30-day free trial of the free AVG VPN tool. If it happens that you are looking for a dedicated VPN for safeguarding your privacy, I’ll recommend you go for the likes of PIA or ExpressVPN.
In spite of all these features, AVG went as far as providing more paid options in the form of AVG Internet Security (click here for a free trial) and AVG Ultimate. These options ensure dedicated support, Firewall, and Pro apps for mobile. AVG Internet Security also allows you to create personal folders that come with an added layer of ransomware protection.
AVG Free Antivirus is available and compatible for both Microsoft Windows and macOS platforms. Are you an Android user? You can get a free option in the form of AVG Antivirus for Android.
5. 360 Total Security
Looking for feature-rich antivirus software that is free? Why not try 360 Total Security. If you are wondering why I have included 360 Total Security in the 5 Best Free Antivirus Software to Protect your PC in 2020, don’t worry as I will be discussing the features in a minute. A big highlight of this free antivirus is the licensed Bitdefender. You can check other features of 360 Total Security below:
- Sandboxing and system clean-up feature that helps clean up your system storage
- Auto-scanning of files – This feature automatically scans files on your system when saved or opened
- Web protection – This includes downloaded file scan, website blocking, and shopping protection.
- Anti-ransomware – This protects you from increasing the threat of recent times.
Although 360 Total Security may not beat its competitors, it is still a feature-rich software. To mention but a few, you get to access other features such as key logger blocking, USB drive protection, file system, and registry protection. So if you happen to love these features then you can try 360 Total Security.
Now that you are through with this article, I guess you can now decide which antivirus software that best suits you. Have you also heard about Cortana? Here is How to Disable Cortana on Windows 10.
Thanks for your time on our page. Hope to see you at some other time.