Are you looking for new ways to take messaging to the next level? In this discussion, you will be learning the 7 unknown WhatsApp must try features for iPhone users.
Over the years, I have written on Android WhatsApp tricks to improve your chatting experience on the popular messenger. However, this doesn’t mean that WhatsApp tricks for iPhone are at a shortage and which is the reason why I am writing on this.
In addition, I am sure most of the tricks to be discussed below are not the regular ones you know. In fact, you would be surprised that you have learnt a new thing or two after reading this.
You may also like:
- How to Play Ludo King on PC for Free
- How to Play PUBG on PC With and Without Emulator for Free
- 6 WhatsApp Features Not Available on Web Version
- How to Stop People From Adding You to WhatsApp Groups
7 Unknown WhatsApp Must Try Features for iPhone Users
Before we proceed, I will advise you to install the Shortcuts App for iPhone since most of these tricks depend on it. After installation, go to Settings on your iPhone device and find Shortcuts. Then, enable Allow Untrusted Shortcuts option.
Now, let's proceed to the 7 unknown WhatsApp must try features for iPhone users.
Check Who Messaged Without Opening WhatsApp
When you receive a notification about a new WhatsApp message, you can check the sender name without having to open the messenger app at all. Although, this does not reveal the contents of a chat but just the contact.
How to Check Who Messaged Without Opening WhatsApp
To achieve this, you will have to add the WhatsApp widget on your iPhone device by following the instructions below.
- On your home screen, swipe to your right to open the Today View so you can access all widgets. Ensure you scroll down to the very bottom to find and tap Edit.
- Then, when you are on the Add Widgets page, tap WhatsApp then + (plus sign) to add it in Today View.
- Finally, tap Done to end the process.
Henceforth, you will be able to see the list of the 4 most recent people that sent you WhatsApp messages right from your home screen. You don’t have to go online to know who messaged anymore. To reply to any of the chats, just tap on the name and this takes you directly to the chat on WhatsApp.
Let People Add Your WhatsApp Contact Using QR
You don’t need to spell out your phone numbers to everyone you meet anymore when they can easily connect with you using your QR. You only need to share the QR to people you meet and let them scan.
How to Create QR for WhatsApp Contact
- With the Shortcuts app already installed on your device, open this link and tap Get shortcut. This takes you straight to the Shortcuts app.
- Then, navigate to the bottom of the screen and tap Add Untrusted Shortcut.
- Further, enter your phone number with the country code included and tap Continue.
- Add a short introduction on the next screen and tap Done.
Now, the new shortcut created will be added to the My Shortcuts page. To allow people to add you, you just need to run this shortcut to display a QR code on your device. Anyone you meet can quickly scan and add you up on the go.
Schedule a WhatsApp Message
If you would like to save a WhatsApp text to be sent later, then this is a trick you must try. You can always easily schedule your messages on WhatsApp for a specified date-time. This way, you won’t have to miss to wish a friend on their anniversary or forget to wish your boss on his birthday.
How to Schedule a WhatsApp Message
It is easy to schedule WhatsApp messages on iPhone. If you would like to try it out, check my recent guide on steps to schedule WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
You may also like:
- How to Restart, Reset or Format All iPhone Models
- How to Unlock iPhone SE 2020 for All SIMs
- The Best Ways to Scan a Document Using Your Phone, Tablet or iPhone’s Notes App
Send A Message Without Adding Contact
You need to save a contact before you can send WhatsApp messages to them. To use this trick, you only need to run a command on the Shortcuts app.
How to Send A Message Without Adding Contact
- If you have installed the Shortcuts app, proceed to open this link and tap Get Shortcut to launch Shortcut app.
- Navigate to the very bottom of the screen and tap Add Untrusted Shortcut.
- After, return to My Shortcuts page and run Open in WhatsApp command.
- Enter your message recipient's number with the country code in front. This opens a WhatsApp chat with the unsaved number.
- Further, you can add and send your message to the number.
For faster access to this shortcut, you can tap the three dots displayed at the top of the shortcut and then tap Add to Home Screen.
Send Full Video on WhatsApp
WhatsApp restricted its users from sending photos and videos above 100MB in size. However, there is a trick to let you bypass this limit without losing the media quality.
How to Send Full Video on WhatsApp
- Launch the Photos app on your device and select the photo or video file you want to send.
- Proceed by tapping the Share icon then scroll down and tap Save to Files.
- Now, launch WhatsApp and open a chat with the contact you want to share the media file.
- Further, tap the + icon then Document.
- Now, find the file saved earlier and send.
Listen to WhatsApp Voice Notes Before Sending
You can listen to your recorded voice notes before sending to a chat even though the feature is not available by default, but there is a way around it.
How to Listen to WhatsApp Voice Notes Before Sending
- Record a voice note to any chat on WhatsApp by tapping and holding the recording option located at the bottom right. For convenience, you can swipe up to lock and record with your finger away from the screen.
- After recording the VN, exit to the home screen immediately.
- Further, return back to WhatsApp and you will notice the recording has been stopped but displayed along with a play button attached at the bottom.
- Finally, tap the play button and you can listen to your recorded VN before sending.
However, if you decide to take a VN again after listening, you can use the delete button and start the process all over.
Hide WhatsApp Online Status
Although, the only option provided by WhatsApp for its users is to hide last seen for their profile. However, iPhone users can go a little further by hiding their online status completely with the help of Siri.
The good thing about this trick is that you won’t have to appear online when sending messages to your contacts on WhatsApp.
How to Hide WhatsApp Online Status with Siri
- Launch Siri and say a command like, Send a WhatsApp text to Goodness. Siri will ask further for clarifications if you have multiple contacts saved with Goodness by allowing to select the Goodness you have in mind.
- When you select the contact, Siri will ask what you need to send to Goodness. Just say your message to Siri and when it asks for confirmation, say Siri will send your message right away without you appearing online.
You may also like:
- How to Unsubscribe from App Payments on Google Play
- How to Link Your WhatsApp Account to Facebook Page
- How to Pay for DStv Subscription from Your Mobile Phone
Those are 7 unknown WhatsApp must try features for iPhone users. I hope you find this guide helpful. If you have any issues trying out any of the tricks, you can leave a comment below. Lastly, do not forget to share this post with friends.