MTN is rewarding its 3G customers who upgrade their sims to MTN 4G with 10GB free data and a 100% data bonus on all their data subscriptions for 3 months.
Upgrading a Simcard from 3G to 4G is free of charge and can be done at all MTN service centres nationwide. You just need to.
- MTN is Giving Out Free Data to its Customers
- How to Get Free 8GB Santa Data From Airtel
- Glo Gives Free Data to Mark 15th Year Anniversary
- How to find your Lost Android phone using IMEI number
The sim upgrade bonus is not new at all. It was only improvised as a means to encourage more customers to opt-in for the 4G upgrade. Before now, MTN gives 4G free data and 100% data bonuses to customers that upgrade their Simcard.
However, before you decide to opt-in for your Simcard upgrade, be sure that your device is 4G enabled so you can use the free 10GB data that will be allocated to you after the process.
The official announcement was made by MTN on the Twitter platform as thus;
— MTN Nigeria (@MTNNG) May 11, 2020
RECOMMENDED: Cheapest MTN Tariff Plans and How to Migrate
How to Upgrade an MTN 3G sim to 4G
Upgrading a sim card is very easy. All you need is to locate the nearest MTN centre, visit and request for your sim to be upgraded free of charge.
While going, ensure you go along with the necessary documents listed below.
- The MTN to upgrade and its sim pack (not compulsory)
- A valid identity card (National Identity card, Drivers' license, Voters' card or an international passport)
Next is to walk into a service centre and ask for an upgrade from 3G to 4G. You will receive instructions on when you need to start using the upgraded sim and how to get the free 10GB of data.
How to Locate the Nearest MTN Office
To locate the nearest MTN service to you, simply dial 1231*7# on your phone to find the address. You can ask around for directions if you're not familiar with the address.
- Check your MTN Data balance
- How to Check Data Balance on Glo
- Enable Smart Charge on Huawei Devices
- How to Check Your Current MTN Tariff Plan
Other things to take note:
The 10GB data bonus offer only works on 4G enabled devices but the 100% data offer is available and can be used on all devices. It can also be used with a PC.
Finally, if you find this post helpful, kindly help share it with friends. Also, share your feedback through comments.