In order to protect and help Google users secure their saved passwords, Google announced through its Safety and Security blog, the new extension for its Google Chrome browser to help users identify if their account has been compromised and prompted them to change the password of the account.
This development was announced earlier this year among other new interesting features such as password security added to the Google Chrome browser.
It is made known that this password checkup feature scans all the saved passwords and recommends the necessary actions to better secure all passwords and account associated.
Below are the requirements to take advantage of this password security feature.
- An active Google account.
- Working internet connectivity
- Sync must be activated on the Chrome browser.
Steps to keep your passwords safe and secure
- Open https://myaccount.google.com on your Google Chrome browser.
- Log in by signing-in into your Google Account.
- After this, navigate to the Security section and click on Get Started to activate the service on the page. Note that you will be shown the list of all the previously saved passwords associated with your Google Account.
- Now, you can click on Check passwords. This will send you to a page with Check Passwords Button,
- Click on the Check Passwords Button from above. You should be prompted to enter your Google account password again for proper verification.
- When you are done with this step, Google will then analyze all your saved passwords and categorize them differently as either compromised, reused or weak. In addition to this, a list of accounts that have similar passwords will also be revealed.
- Finally, consider clicking on the down arrow button to reveal the list of all accounts that may require password change and then click on the Change Password button. You will then be redirected to the website and be required to change the password.
RECOMMENDED READ: Top 10 products stopped by Google in 2019
If you find this article helpful, please endeavour to share with friends!
Blogger, WordPress Developer, SEO Expert, Website/Graphics Designer, and Programmer. I also teach how to make money online.
Last Updated on