The dark-mode feature is the current trend among the most popular social sites and apps. In this discussion, you will be learning how to activate dark mode on WhatsApp Web.
The dark-mode feature was widely introduced lately among messengers, browsers and social media platforms after it was realized to be a well-acceptable feature among web users. However, this featured was only centred at WhatsApp Messenger mobile versions only.
Although, the reason why WhatsApp Web was denied of this feature is not yet known. But, hopefully, in a sooner update, the feature will be rolled out on the web version of the messenger.
You may also like:
- 6 Features of WhatsApp Web You Don’t Know
- How To Send Whatsapp Messages To Non-Contacts
- What You Can Sell to Make Money Online
Now, the good news!
You can still use dark mode on WhatsApp Web on your PC while waiting for its official release. Further, there are two main ways through which this can be achieved and these are:
Ways to Activate Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web
- Using Inspect Element option on browsers or.
- By installing a browser extension
Activating Using Inspect Element
- From your PC, launch your preferred browser, visit web.whatsapp.com and connect using the QR code support.
- When connected, right-click on the chats page loaded afterwards and click Inspect Element.
- Then, hold Ctrl + F to and search for body class=”web”. Take note that the find shortcut works on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox but may be different in some browsers.
- Now, replace body class=”web” to body class=”web dark” and press Enter key. The WhatsApp display will automatically change to dark mode after.
However, the search term replaced is different in some browsers. Like in Safari on Mac, you should rather search for body class=”web text-rendering-bug-fix” and replace with body class=”web dark text-rendering-bug-fix”.
Activating Using Browser Extension
- Install Stylus add-on for your browser. (Link for Google Chrome here, Firefox here).
- Then, you also need to install Dark WhatsApp Style from User Styles here or GitHub here.
- Now visit web.whatsapp.com and enjoy WhatsApp Web in dark mode.
Whichever method you choose works without further problems. However, the edition of WhatsApp Web supported is by visiting web.whatsapp.com and not the one installed on PC.
You may also like:
- Best 5 Programming Languages for Beginners
- How to Download Songs from Spotify to MP3
- How to Restart, Reset or Format All iPhone Models
Found this post on activating dark mode on WhatsApp Web helpful? Kindly share your thoughts and remember to share the post link with friends.