Have you ever been wondering how to add music to the Instagram story? Well, if you are reading this post, I hope you consider the problem solved already.
A few years back, Instagram added tons of features to make it one of the best and most popular social media apps.
Back then, one of these features is Instagram Music, which gives users the ability to add music to Instagram stories.
In another news later, it was announced that Instagram’s music sticker works for both videos and photos and lets users select from thousands of music tracks that fit the mood of their story – everything from Stevie Wonder to Billie Eilish!
However, I have decided to discuss with our readers how to go about adding music to Instagram stories.
How to Add Music to Instagram Story
If you are looking forward to starting adding soundtracks to your next Instagram stories, please read on.
Adding music to Instagram stories is never really hard, all that is required is to follow the steps I have outlined below and you will be among the millions of users adding music to their Instagram stories.
- The first thing you need to do is to download the latest version of the Instagram app on iOS or Android. You can download it here.
- Once the Instagram app has been updated, go to Instagram stories by tapping the camera icon on the right of your homepage.
- Once you are on the Instagram Story camera, take an image or make a video. After that, tap the stickers button at the top of the screen and then tap the music sticker.
- After you have tapped the music sticker, Instagram music library will be opened on your phone where you will find thousands of songs you can choose from.
You can also search for a specific song of your choice, or you can browse by mood, genre, or what’s popular.
Sorry to bother you, but did you see this post on 10 Ways to Make Money Online for Beginners? You can still read up and start making money as a rookie!
How to Add Music to Instagram Story Continued
- After picking a song for your Instagram story, you can tap the play button to hear a preview before adding it to your story too. You can then select the time stamp of the song. i.e. which part of the song you wish to add that fits your story.
- Choose the duration of the song while keeping in mind that the maximum duration is 15 seconds.
- In addition, you can choose how you want your music clip to appear: with song lyrics, just the name of the song, or with the song cover.
If lyrics are available for the song you select, they should pop up automatically on your screen.
- Finally, you can add changes to your story either by resizing the appearance of the song lyrics or the song icon.
Also, make sure to disable the audio for the recorded clip so it doesn’t interrupt the music.
Those simple steps outlined above are what it takes to add music to your Instagram story. In addition, when someone watches your story, they can tap the lyrics to learn more about the artist or to listen to more of the song.
Additional Information for iOS Users
If you are using iOS, you can also choose a song before capturing your video or photo. All you need to do is to swipe to the new “Music” caption under the record mode when you are in the Instagram Stories camera.
After doing that, all you need to do is to search for a song, choose the exact part you want for your photo or video, and capture your story while the song plays in the background.
How to Put Music on Instagram Before Adding a Photo or Video
- To add a song to your Instagram story, follow the steps I have outlined below:
- Select the ‘Music’ option next to the ‘Hands-free’ option.
- Once you’ve done that, the same song list appears.
- You can then select the song of your choice and the time frame you want your song to start.
- The last thing you need to do is to take a photo or video, add every necessary filter and post a story for the world to see.
Here is additional information you might need to know about adding music to the Instagram story feature.
Which countries have access to the Music sticker
Instagram stated recently that the new music sticker feature is only available in a few countries such as Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Sweden, the United Kingdom, the US, and India.
Whether other countries of the world will have access to the music sticker still remains unknown.
What kind of music is there to choose from?
The Instagram library is packed with thousands of songs of different genres and artists such as Ed Sheeran, Childish Gambino, Cardi, Kendrick Lamar, and other favourites.
You should be rest assured that you will find your type of music in the collection.
Finally, we have come to the end of this discussion on how to add music to Instagram. Lastly, we urge you to feel free to let us know how you feel about this feature.
Blogger, WordPress Developer, SEO Expert, Website/Graphics Designer, and Programmer. I also teach how to make money online.
Last Updated on