Would you like to learn to add songs to your Insta story? In this discussion, I will be explaining how to add music to your Instagram story.
To start with, let’s take a look at how it works.
How Instagram Music Story Works
Instagram lets you add your songs to story easily. To ease use, there are sticker made available for users to allow you to place a picture while the music plays in the background.
The Instagram story also provides an option to add lyrics to any song you have selected and this will be synchronized along with the song when people view your story.
You may also like:
- How to Get More Instagram Followers in 2020
- Learn to Add Music to Instagram Story
- How to Design an Attractive Pinterest Pin
You have the opportunity to select and add your songs and put them in categories based on the popular, moods and genre option. Besides, you can select songs from the search bar located at the top.
Unfortunately, only 15seconds of your song will be available on your story, just like WhatsApp status video lasts for 30 seconds. However, you can indicate which part of the song you want to add and should be played.
Now to the days’ business.
Steps to Add Music to Your Instagram Story
- Ensure you’re on the latest version of the Instagram app. You can download the recent version for your device here for Android, here for iOS.
- Launch the Instagram app and tap the camera icon from the upper-left corner to go to Instagram stories.
- Now, you can take a shot, record a video, or select an image or video from your device gallery.
- Tap the stickers button from the top, then tap the music sticker. Instagram music library will be opened and you will find songs to choose from. You can search for songs by their title, or search by categories; mood, genre, or popular.
- Select the song and tap play to listen before sending to your story.
- Edit the time stamp for the song selected by choosing which part plays. This duration of play should not be longer than 15 seconds. You can choose to play the song showing lyrics, name of the song, or just with the cover.
- If you choose to display lyrics, it will show automatically provided the song lyrics is available.
- If you have selected a video and not picture initially, ensure you disable audio for the video, else the music will be interrupted.
- Finally, tap Done and the song is sent to your story.
You can also add music directly to Instagram before adding a picture or video. Let’s see how!
You may also like:
- How to Repost on Instagram With Your Android Phone
- Top 3 Apps You Should Be Using With Your Blog
- How to Design a Logo on Android using Canva
How to Add Music Before Image
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Tap the camera icon and the music option from the bottom.
- You can choose the music you like and can also apply all editing options as you like. However, this option doesn’t support lyrics.
- You can then add an image or video to the song, and customize with filter options available.
- Tap Done when you’re ready and your song is sent to your story.
Found this tip on how to add music to your Instagram story helpful? Let me know your thoughts and please, ensure you share with friends. You can also follow me on Instagram for more tips.