Sharing articles on social media can help to improve the engagements with the websites from which they are shared. This is why, in this article, you will be learning how to add social share buttons on WordPress.
Did you miss our last article on this website? We discussed How to Get Free SSL Certificates for Websites.
These are buttons found especially at the beginning and end of an article on a website giving readers the opportunity to share the link to such articles to any of the social media platform they use.
They are sometimes found glued to the top or bottom of the mobile screen and sometimes stuck to the right or left side of the PC screen when accessing a website. It all depends on the site owner’s preference.
Readers sometimes like to share the information they have read from a website with their friends. This is when social share buttons become useful.
- It improves the reader’s experience. People reading your articles will have the freedom to quickly share the piece on social media.
- Social share buttons on websites help in brand exposure. Your content keeps reaching new people every time a reader shares.
- It can influence your website’s SEO performance. Part of what determines how well websites come on in search results is its engagement on social networks.
- It helps to get more sales on eCommerce websites. When a customer shares an item on social media, there’s a high chance of getting more sales.
To achieve this aim, we shall be installing a Plugin called “Jetpack”. Although, there are other plugins that perform this function well too. Other plugins you can try are AddToAny sharing buttons, Social Warfare, Social counts, Blog2social, etc.
- Jetpack is a multiple function plugin owned by WordPress.
- It allows an easy way of adding share buttons to the website.
- Currently supports most popular social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Telegram, WhatsApp, Reddit and so on.
- It allows automatic sharing of articles on social media immediately an article is published.
How to use Jetpack
- From the left sidebar of your WordPress admin panel, find Plugins and then add new. Search for “Jetpack”. When it shows up, install the plugin and activate.
- After activation, proceed to Jetpack >> Settings >> Sharing in your website’s dashboard to customize the functionality of the plugin.
- Look around for Sharing buttons, activate the Add sharing buttons to your posts
- Now go back to Sharing and locate Sharing Buttons. Drag and drop the social icons you want to show in the social shares.
- Lastly, select a preferred button style from the available option and the locations you would like the buttons to appear, and hit the save button.
After this step, you can now open any of your published posts to see the effect on your posts. You can also read more from the Jetpack Setup Page.
I have just shown you that adding social share buttons to a WordPress website is very easy. Although, it is not like it is compulsory that you have it on your website. But, it is very essential especially if you don’t have much traffic yet.
Finally, we have come to the end of the article on how to add social share buttons on WordPress. If you find this article helpful, let us know by leaving your comment. Also, remember to share this with friends.