Allowing pop-ups on a Safari browser can help a lot. Here, we have discussed how to allow pop-ups on a Mac PC using a Safari browser.
By default, the Safari browser on Mac blocks pop-ups to usually save Mac users from distractions from unnecessary advertisements and protect them from potential scams and phishing attempts. These include pop-ups from banks, education platforms, and eCommerce websites just to stay in touch with potential customers.
However, these pop-ups can be helpful sometimes, to our personal advantage. This is why I have considered discussing the topic of how to allow pop-ups on a Mac.
- Tips to Remove a Hacker from Your Phone
- How to Reopen Closed Tabs on iPhone and iPad
- How to Stop Annoying Pop-ups on Popular Web Browsers
You can choose from a good number of preferences on your Safari browser if you want to allow all pop-ups on your Mac computer. Specifically, you can allow pop-ups for the entire browser or allow pop-ups on selected few websites.
Below is how to allow pop-ups on Mac using the Safari browser.
How to Allow Pop-Ups on Mac
For the Entire Safari browser
- First, launch Safari and click Safari in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Next, find and click Preferences in the drop-down menu. Then, click on Websites with a globe-like icon.
- Now, click Pop-up Windows on the left menu.
- See the Websites option and find Pop-up Windows.
- Look out for the option that says When visiting other websites and click on a dropdown menu with two blue arrows.
- Choose Allow and it will automatically save this setting. You can also choose the Block and Notify option to choose to allow or block a pop-up when it appears.
For Specific Websites in Safari
When changing the default settings for specific websites in Safari, first ensure that the website is open when accessing Preferences.
- Click Safari >> Preferences in the menu bar up at the top of the page.
- Go to Websites and find Pop-up Windows located on the left side of the window. You will be able to see the URL of the website you have opened in Safari. Also, a drop-down menu with two blue arrows is shown.
- Choose Allow to allow pop-ups on this particular website.
- Now, check under Currently Open Websites and see the ones for which you would like to allow pop-ups.
- 5 Best Web Browsers of 2021
- How to Prevent Websites from Mining Bitcoin
- 7 Unpopular YouTube URL Hacks Everyone Should Try
Found this post helpful? Kindly share!