Would you like to apply for your India Passport online? Here, we will walk you through the steps required to register on the Passport Seva portal and book an appointment online with Passport Seva Kendra or a Regional Passport Office that is nearest to you.
If you are applying for a passport online in India, you are required to register on the Passport Seva portal and apply for a fresh passport. During your application, you will be given a date when you have to visit the Passport Seva Kendra or a Regional Passport Office of choice.
The Ministry of External Affairs in India takes charge of all Passport-related services. It made provision for Passport Seva – an online service to make Indians apply for a passport online with ease and at their convenience. Now, you do not need to spend the whole day queueing at a passport office.
- How to Request for GTBank ATM Card Online
- Top 10 Ideas To Make Your Staycation Free Of Boredom
- Hide Online Status and Disable Read Receipts on Instagram
How to Apply for a Passport Online in India
To apply for a passport online, you need a few documents and you are required to make them ready. You can find the list of documents required on the portal. Besides, you are to make a payment of a token when applying.
To apply for a passport online, here are the steps involved.
- Go to the Passport Seva portal and click New User Registration.
- Enter your correct details on the next page and select the passport office that is nearest to you.
- Fill in the correct CAPTCHA characters and click Register.
- After successful registration, now log in using your registered login ID and click Fresh Issuance under Apply for Fresh Passport/ Reissue of Passport from the Applicant Home.
- Choose Click here to fill the application form online and input the application type of passport booklet.
- Next, click Next and then View Saved/ Submitted Applications.
- Choose Pay and Schedule Appointment to make the payment of the re-issuance fee and schedule your appointment.
- Now, Choose Online Payment and pay via Internet banking or with your credit or debit card and click Next. You will be asked to pick a PSK location and print the application receipt.
- Proceed to print the receipt and take it along with your original documents to visit the Passport Office provided earlier on the date of your appointment.
- How to Fully Secure Your Online Activities
- Important Tips for Starting and Taking an Online Class
- 5 Principles that will Make you a Full-time Blogger in 2 Months
Found this post on how to apply for a passport online in India helpful? Kindly help by sharing with friends.