In this post, you will be learning how to cancel free trial on YouTube TV
YouTube TV in the real sense is not free as opposed to what many of us think. For over 15 years now, YouTube takes the lead among similar video content streaming websites and have provided creators with the opportunity to earn from the videos they host on the platform. If it offers an absolutely free service, then how is it able to afford to pay its creators?
Ads display is the major way through which YouTube makes money for creators. The ads you see when you watch videos, usually interrupting video streaming is what brings YouTube content creators money.
- 9Mobile Free Youtube Streaming on Devices
- How to Download YouTube Videos in Bulk on Android
- How to Make Voice and Video Calls on WhatsApp Web
However, with YouTube TV, you can remove ads from YouTube using a free trial or full subscription. Subscribing to YouTube TV seems to be the only way to get rid of ads when using the website.
Upgrading a YouTube account from basic to premium is very easy compared to the other way. If you have opted-in for a free trial, obviously you must have entered your credit card information when subscribing.
Below, you will be learning how to cancel free trial on YouTube TV. This will help you to unsubscribe from YouTube paid plan and remove your credit card information. However, ads will start to reappear when you consider a downgrade from premium to the basic plan.
How to Cancel Free Trial on YouTube TV on Web
- Visit tv.youtube.com and sign in with your associated Google account.
- Once you are logged in, click your profile picture showing at the top-right of the screen.
- Now, click on Settings, then Membership and finally, Pause or Cancel Membership. Pausing membership will help you pause the subscription for 8 weeks instead of cancelling it.
- However, the Cancel Membership option will unsubscribe you from YouTube TV premium membership after the free trial expires. Cancel Membership option is available to the bottom-right of Pause Membership screen.
- Choose a reason for cancelling membership and click Continue Cancelling.
- Finally, click Cancel Membership on the next screen to stop the premium service once and for all.
How to Cancel Free Trial on YouTube TV on Mobile App
At the moment, only Android users can stop YouTube TV free trial on mobile. iOS users should consider using the web option.
If you use an Android device, kindly follow the procedures highlighted below.
- Launch the YouTube app on your device and tap the profile icon from the top-right of the screen.
- Now, tap Settings and find Membership option in account settings.
- Proceed to tap Pause or Cancel Membership and pop-up advising you to pause your plan is displayed. However, if you choose to pause the subscription, it will only pause for about 8 weeks and then re-activated automatically. Kindly proceed by tapping Cancel option from the bottom-right.
- Now, select a reason for cancelling your YouTube TV premium subscription and tap Continue Cancelling.
- Lastly, tap Cancel Membership and you are goo.
Finally, you have successfully stopped YouTube free trial and your subscription will not renew after the plan has expired.
- 8 Rare Tech Pranks You Should Try on PC
- 5 Principles that will Make you a Full-time Blogger
- 3 Ways to Permanently Activate Windows 10 OS for Free
Found this post helpful, kindly share with friends.