Did you just change your address and would like it to reflect on your Indian passport? Here, you will be learning how to change your address in a passport online in India.
With the Passport Seva portal, you can easily apply for the re-issuance of your passport when you change the address. You only need your original documents and a token to change this information just like when you just apply for a fresh passport.
The Passport Seva portal lets you apply for a re-issue of your passport online with a new address. If you have moved or planning to move to a new address, you only need to re-apply for a re-issue to change your address. A new passport will be issued which will carry your new address and you can collect it from the nearest passport office around you.
- How to Change the Name of an Android Device
- How to Remove Personal Details from USPhonebook
- Learn to Change WhatsApp Phone Number Without Losing Chats
How to Change Address in Passport Online
To make this change on your passport online, you need a few documents and you are required to make them ready. You can find the list of documents required on the portal.
Besides, you are to make a payment of a token when applying for the re-issuance of your passport. This token differs based on the applicant's age and why you need a re-issuance. The fee and other payment information have been provided on the Passport Seva portal.
To change the address on your passport, here are the steps involved.
- Go to the Passport Seva portal and click New User Registration.
- Enter your correct details on the next page and select the passport office that is nearest to you.
- Fill in the correct CAPTCHA characters and click Register.
- After successful registration, now log in using your registered login ID and click Apply for Fresh Passport/ Reissue of Passport from the Applicant Home.
- Choose Click here to fill the application form online option and input the application type of passport booklet.
- Next, click Next and then View Saved/ Submitted Applications.
- Choose Pay and Schedule Appointment to make the payment of the re-issuance fee and schedule your appointment.
- Now, Choose Online Payment and pay via Internet banking or with your credit or debit card and click Next. You will be asked to pick a PSK location and print the application receipt.
- Proceed to print the receipt and take it along with your original documents to visit the Passport Office provided earlier on the date of your appointment.
- Working ways to mine Bitcoins
- How to Buy Goods Online On Jumia
- Important Tips for Starting and Taking an Online Class
- 5 Principles that will Make you a Full-time Blogger in 2 Months
Found this post on how to change address in passport online in India helpful? Kindly share it with friends.