In this post, you will be learning how to change the name of an Android device, smartphone or tablet.
The Android OS makes it easy to assign and change the name of your device. This will let you recognize your phone easily when you mix up your phone. The device name change option is made available in all Android OS-enabled device.
Assigning a custom name for your Android phone or tab is a good choice. The new name takes the identity and helps to identify your phone when connecting to multiple devices.
Fortunately, you do not need to root your device, change any core settings or install a custom ROM. Your phone's name, Bluetooth device name and its identity on Google Play can be altered easy and quick.
- How to Move Apps to SD Card on Android
- How Much RAM Should a Smartphone Have?
- Discover how many times your iPhone battery was recharged
How to Change the Name of an Android Device
- Launch Settings on your device and tap About phone or My Phone. The option might be different on your device. It is found as My phone on my Infinix Note 8.
- Now, tap Device name and enter a new name.
- Tap Ok and you are good.
How to Change Android Device's Bluetooth Name
In most cases, Android Bluetooth name follows the name of the device but is changeable to any name of your choice. Here's how:
- Go to Settings and tap Bluetooth & device connection or just Bluetooth on some device.
- Toggle on Bluetooth and tap Device name.
- Now, enter a new Bluetooth name and tap Ok.
How to Change Android’s Name on Google Play
To change your phone’s name on Google Play, follow this approach:
- Get your PC and visit Google Play.
- Next, click the cog icon from the top-right, then My devices and look out for your device.
- Next to your device is the Edit option. Click and Enter a new name in the Nickname field.
- Finally, click Update.
- Tips to Remove a Hacker from Your Phone
- How to Make Android Phone Calls from Windows
- Bypass Android Lock screen and Unlock a Smartphone
Found this post helpful? Kindly share with friends and family.