Are you a Nigerian and would like to know your National Identity Number? Here, you will be learning how to check NIN number on your phone using USSD.
The National Identity Number (NIN) is a unique number given to every Nigerian citizen after they have registered. The registration process entails capturing of data related to each person including all demographics and biometrics.
Every Nigerian citizen is required to get enrolled for the NIN so they can have their own identity. Also, data supplied during registration are verified to avoid getting the same person enrolled twice.
You may also like:
- All Nigerian Banks Code for Checking Bank Account Balance for 2020
- How to Easily Get a US Phone Number for Free in Nigeria
- How to Open PayPal Account in Nigeria in 2020
If you have not enrolled for NIN yet, it is a good idea that you get it done from any National Identity Management Centre (NIMC centre) near you.
Requirements to Register for NIN
- A copy of BVN printout.
- Your full bio-data.
Before you proceed to enrol for NIN, ensure you have a good knowledge of all your bio-data. Necessary data to be captured include your names, parents’ name, address and every essential. Also, your fingerprints and face will be captured in the process.
Besides, you should visit your back to get a printed copy of your BVN details submitted from the bank where you registered. You can also learn to correct and update BVN details, add BVN number to your bank account or Check BVN Number from your phone.
On the other hand, if you have enrolled for NIN and would like to check the number, you can proceed with the steps to be discussed below.
How to Check NIN on Your Phone Using USSD
Further, if you have registered and would like to check your NIN, follow the steps below.
Steps to Check NIN Number on Your Phone Using USSD
- Grab your mobile phone with the number submitted during capturing and launch your dialler app.
- Then, dial *346#.
- Finally, reply with 1 for NIN Retrieval and your NIN will be retrieved in due time.
- However, in case you do not have the phone number submitted during capturing, you can reply with 2 for NIN search and type some of your registration details in the field for an attempt to retrieve the NIN number.
You have just learnt how to check NIN on your phone using USSD. I hope you find this post helpful. However, a service charge of ₦20 will be deducted on every attempt made.
You may also like:
- All Nigeria Banks Transfer Codes and Mobile Phone USSD Codes
- How to Port from One Mobile Network to Another in Nigeria
- How to Get Free 3.5GB Data and ₦7000 Airtime on MTN
If you have any issues try this code, feel free to share the problems using the comment box below so I can put you through.
Lastly, ensure you share this post with friends.