Now that you have your post and pages running live on your blog, the next thing you should focus on is how to get traffic. Traffic in blogging is not like in the real world where it means vehicles held up in a particular spot. It refers to the visitors and visits to your blog. This post will focus mainly on how to connect your blog to Google Webmasters Console.
How to Connect Your Blog to Google Webmasters Console
Before we proceed, take this guide on Best Ad Network to Make Money Online on Your Blog as your bonus for visiting us today!
One of the ways to get traffic is through Search engines. But you should know that search engines won’t just display your site without you connecting your website. The process is known as SEO (search engine optimization). We shall limit ourselves to the topic for now and fully look into SEO at some other times.
To connect your website to search engines, you need to submit your website’s sitemap. The sitemap is like a plan of your website through which the search engines can know what you have on your blog and when to display it. In short, it enables search engines to crawl over your webpages.
The popular search engines of today are Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Yandex. The process of submitting a sitemap to Google Search Console is similar to that of Bing, Yahoo, and Yandex.
Hey! Did you miss our Best PPC Marketing Websites to Make Money Online?
We are still on how to connect your blog to Google Webmasters Console. One of the important steps is to get sitemap submitted to Google Search Console.
How to get sitemap submitted to Google Search Console.
- Install and activate Yoast Plugin from plugins from the WordPress dashboard)
- After the activation, visit the Yoast set-up page and open the configuration wizard.
- Follow the page as it loads and inputs the required information (Just a few things about your blog).
- Click on next continuously to load the next few pages and input the required information.
- When you reach the finish button, exit the configuration wizard.
- Now, visit the Google Webmaster Console address (google.com/webmasters), bing.com/toolbox/webmaster/ for Bing and webmaster.yandex.com/sites/add/ for Yandex.
- Sign up and add your website URL as a new property. (You will be required to verify the property ownership by taking an action)
- From the action required, click on the alternative tag and a code will be displayed to you.
- Visit the Yoast General page on your dashboard, find and click webmaster tools and paste in a box where you see Google and click save. We are still on how to connect your blog to Google Webmasters Console.
- On the webmaster’s page, click I have verified the property and it will be successfully verified.
- Now click on the property and it takes you to the property’s overview.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, find and click Sitemaps.
- Choose to add a new sitemap, and enter your sitemap URL. (Normally sitemap_index.xml extension) and then, click submit.
After that step, you have successfully submitted your website sitemap, the next thing is to sit back and watch Google do the rest of the job. In weeks, you will see visitors coming from Google to your blog.
To submit the sitemap for Bing, Yahoo, and Yandex, all you need to do is to visit their individual search console and submit your website sitemap as you have done to Google.
Another Google products that let you make money from your blog is Google Adsense. Why don’t you check out this guide on Getting Started with Google AdSense?
Some people reported difficulty in getting approved, that has prompted us to write on How to Get Google AdSense Approval for WordPress Blogs.
You have just successfully submitted your website’s sitemap if you have followed our guide on how to connect your blog to Google Webmasters Console correctly.
In case you have any questions, feel free to use the comment feature.