Since you have everything readily set on your blog now and the theme options have been added to your taste, then why waste time and not start writing? This discussion shall focus on how to create your first blog post.
How to Create Your First Blog Post
The big deal of blogging is writing as I told you in one of the recent articles. You have to write, write and continue writing to become successful. Writing in blogging is not a special work especially if you have been trained to type using the MS Word on the Microsoft office. It is almost the same thing and even, some of the shortcuts we used on MS Word works fine on the blog editor.
Before I forgot, you can as well make money online offering freelance writing services. Check out our Best Websites for Freelance Writing Jobs.
As a novice, I will advise you to write an article or post you are willing to write on the MS Word if you have installed on your PC. My reason for saying this is that, sometimes, typing directly in the editor might be frustrating and tiring. To save yourself the stress, just type in MS Word then copy to the editor and make little edit before you publish.
We are still on How to Create Your First Blog Post.
To add a new post on your WordPress Blog, follow the steps below.
- From your dashboard, click on posts, then add new. (This action will take you to the editor where you can start your typing).
- At the first box where you have post title, enter the title you want to give your post. (When you click outside the box, a link is generated immediately for the purpose on your URL. That link is where people will find that article after you have published it).
- Click the other box below and start typing the content you want to put on the page. (If you have types already using MS Word, you don’t need to do this, just copy the already typed post and paste in the text area).
- You can set the headings, numberings, margin, among other numerous things you can do to the contents to suit your taste. Hey! Did you miss my last post on How to Make Money Online Playing Games?
- You can also add images to your texts as well as featured images. Featured images make your post look good from the front page.
- Finally to create your first blog post, when you are done writing, you can choose to either publish your post or save as draft. Saving as a draft will not make the post to appear to your website visitors until you publish it some other time.
Now, I think I have made you understand how to create your first blog post. Although, you should know that you can still edit or delete already published posts if the need arises.
To do that, there is nothing special. Just click on post link from the dashboard. All the post you have written so far whether published or unpublished should appear on that page. Just move your mouse across the title of any post you want to edit or delete. You should see the edit and delete options coming as you’re doing that.
The process of creating a page follows the same way as creating a post. Just click on the pages from your dashboard and then add new. The same editor used for a post is used to create a page. Try and do that and let’s see.
While setting up your blog, there are still other things you can engage in to get quick cash. Check out our guide on Ways to Make Money Online from your Home.
I hope you understand the little explanation discussed here on how to create your first blog post. In case you find the information here not understandable, use the comment feature below and submit your feedback.