Are you interested in updating to the latest iOS software? Here, you will be learning how to download and install iOS 14, iPadOS 14.
Apple finally announced the new iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 at WWDC 2020. However, the updated iOS has been available as a beta for a while.
The tech giant has however announced the availability of the first public beta builds of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, meaning that iPhone and iPad users can readily download.
It is important to know that the latest iOS comes with a set of new features like the new App Library, home screen widgets, offline translations, and many more.
You may also like:
- What to do when Apple Music App is not Playing on iOS Devices
- Apple rolls out free online coding course for teachers
- U.S. tech giants face hard choices under Hong Kong’s new security law
Can I install iOS 14, iPadOS 14 for my device?
The iOS provides support for a wide number of iPhone and iPad models. A comprehensive list of supported models will be listed below. If you can find your model in the list below, then your model is supported.
However, before you proceed to install the update, it is strongly recommended that you install the release on your second iPhone or iPad if you have more than one. The reason is, beta builds are still prone to misfunctioning because of some major bugs that might not have been addressed yet.
List of iPhones Eligible for iOS 14
iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (1st Generation), iPhone SE (2020), and iPod touch (7th Generation).
List of iPads Eligible for iPadOS 14
iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation), iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air 2, iPad (7th generation), iPad (6th generation), iPad (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation), and iPad mini 4.
How to Download and Install iOS 14, iPadOS 14
Before you proceed, it is advised that you take a backup of your device and ensure you have at least, a phone battery power of 50 per cent. Then, you can proceed to the following steps.
- On your device, launch the Settings app, then tap General, then Software Update to get the iOS update on your device.
- Allow the download process to finish then you can start the installation process.
- After installation, your iOS device will be running either the iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 if you use an iPhone or iPad.
Those are the steps required to download and install iOS 14, iPadOS 14 .
You may also like:
- How to Play PUBG on PC With and Without Emulator for Free
- 7 Unknown WhatsApp Must Try Features for iPhone Users
- How to Restart, Reset or Format All iPhone Models
Found this post helpful? Kind leave your comments and remember to share the post with friends.