We shall be discussing How to download new iPhone software update in this article.
iOS 12 is the most recent release of iPhone and iPad software. This major release brings about high performance and functionality, high standby time, Siri Shortcuts among other functions. It was released on September 17, 2018.
Although there was another update to this major release – talking about the iOS 12.0.1 which was released to fix certain issues in the iOS 12 especially during the release of iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR. It was release on October 8, 2018.
How to Download New iPhone Software Update
We shall be looking at two major ways of downloading new iPhone software update – through OTA (Over The Air) and through the iTunes on Windows or Mac.
How to Download New iPhone Software Update through (OTA)
The fastest and easiest way to download new iPhone software version is “Over The Air”. This method of update allows you to download the update directly to your apple device. This does not require any special skill from your side as an iPhone user – meaning that it is very easy to do.
To download the recent iPhone version for your iPhone, begin by making an iCloud backup for your device. To make an iCloud backup, move to settings on your device and tap your Apple ID (usually located above the screen). After this, tap on iCloud and then iCloud Backup. Finally, tap Back Up Now.
After doing this, proceed by follow the steps below;
- Go to settings from your iPhone.
- Navigate to the General.
- Now scroll down and tap on Software Update.
- Then, tap on Download and Install. (Doing this should request for your device password).
- Now tap on agree twice (First, to agree to terms and the other to make confirmation of your download)
The new iPhone software download should begin immediately without any delay. After the download is complete, then you can begin the installation.
Now let’s look at the other method.
How to Download New iPhone Software Update through iTunes
This other method of downloading iPhone software on Windows PC and Mac is normally used when there is limited storage space on your device. Before you use this method, make an encrypted backup of your device using iTunes backup to prevent data loss.
After this, follow the steps below;
- Run iTunes on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable.
- Navigate to the top-left corner and tap on device.
- From the device tab, tap Check for Update.
- Now tap on Download and Update. You will be asked to enter your device password.
- You will need to agree to terms that will be displayed and the download will begin.
After downloading, the installation can then be done and you can then continue to enjoy your updated Apple device.
Thanks for reading this article on How to download new iPhone software update, feel free to ask us any questions regarding this topic by using the comment feature. We love feedback!