In this post, you will be learning how to edit videos in Windows 10.
Unlike what most people are made to believe, editing videos on a Windows PC isn't so hard. With the help of good editing apps, just like in graphics designs, one can easily make changes to a part or all of a video. Video editors would help you make both basic and professional edits to videos.
Here, I will be using considering a video editor software called OpenShot for learning purposes to edit videos in Windows 10. OpenShot let you make changes to your videos in various different ways. It is an open-source app and free to use.
OpenShot helped you edit videos in Windows 10 as well as iOS, Linus and other popular OS.
- How to Remove Filter from TikTok Video
- Download YouTube Videos in Bulk on Android
- How to Set Up Amazon Prime Video Profiles
- How to Download Videos and Animations from Twitter
- Make WhatsApp Voice or Video Calls with Google Assistant
How to Edit Videos on Windows 10
Before I start, I recommend that you install OpenShot Software on your Windows PC.
How to Remove the Audio from a Video
To remove audio from video using OpenShot, you can detach the audio file from it using the simple steps below.
- Open OpenShot, and click File >> Import Files to add your video.
- Now, right-click on the video and select Add to Timeline.
- Further, click OK on the next screen and then, right-click your video on the timeline and choose Separate Audio >> Single Clip (all channels).
- To remove audio from video, click the audio file on the timeline and click the Delete key.
- Choose File >> Export Project >> Export Video to save your video without audio.
How to Add Background Music to a Video
You can add a music track from your PC to a video file just be doing these.
- In OpenShot, click File >> Import Files to add both the audio and video files.
- Now, right-click your video and choose Add to Timeline and select Track 5 from the Track dropdown menu.
- Click OK and right-click your music file and choose Add to Timeline just like you did for the video.
- Further, select Track 4 from the Track menu and click OK.
- Finally, click File >> Export Project >> Export Video to save and it’s all good
How to Crop a Video
If there is any part or frame of a video that you do not need and needs to remove, you can crop them out. Here is how to go about it.
- First, add the video to timeline in OpenShot, click Effects >> Crop, drag and drop it to the video on the timeline. You see a small lettered C show on your video indicating that the effect was successfully added.
- Now, right-click the C and select Properties.
- Choose how you want the video cropped with the help of the instant preview display on the screen and save when you’re done cropping.
How to Increase and Decrease Playback Speed of a Video
You can increase or decrease the playing speed of a video by following these steps.
- First, add video to timeline in OpenShot and right-click the video on the timeline.
- To increase video playing speed, click Time >> Fast, and choose if you want your video to play forward or backwards.
- On the other hand, you can slow down your video by right-clicking the video, then click Time >> Slow, then choosing to play forward or backwards.
How to Split a Video Files into Different Parts
- Ensure the video is added to the timeline and place the playhead where you want to split the video file into two parts.
- Now, right-click the video and select Slice >> Keep Both Sides.
- The video is cut into two parts and you can save afterwards.
How to Merge Multiple Video Clips
Easily merge your scattered video files into one file.
- Click File >> Import Files and ensure you add all the separate video files you would like to merge.
- Now, drag the first video and place it on the timeline.
- Further, select the second video and place it behind the first. Ensure it is placed on the same track with the first video.
- Do the same for other videos and once you are done, click File >> Export Project >> Export Video to combine all the clips.
How to Add Text to a Video
You can use this method to add a title or subtitles to your video.
- Import the file and add to timeline, then select Track 4 from the Track dropdown menu and click OK.
- Next, click the Title menu at the top and select Title.
- Select your preferred text style and change the text in the template. Proceed and click Save from the bottom.
- Next, click Project Files and right-click your saved text style, then select Add to Timeline.
- Now, select Track 5 from the Track menu and click OK.
- If the text doesn't show on the video, ensure it is placed on a track above the video track on the timeline.
How to Add a Transition Effect Between Two Clips
- Add the video clips to the timeline and click the Transitions tab.
- Choose your preferred transition, then drag and drop it at the end of the first clip.
- You can also move the transition and make some edits if you like.
How to Add a Voiceover to a Video
First, use the built-in Windows recorder to record your voice and then add it to your video file like these:
- Import both video and recorded audio file, and add to timeline one after the other, starting with the video. Ensure you select a different track in each case.
- Save the video and it’s all good.
How to Add a Watermark to a Video
Add an image as watermark to a video by following the steps below:
- Import the image for watermark and video, then right-click the video and select Add to Timeline >> Track 4 >> OK.
- Do the same to the image, but select Track 5 in its own case.
- Next, right-click the image and select Properties, and use Scale option to change the size of the watermark image.
- Click Gravity and choose a location for the watermark on the video.
- Finally, export the video and save.
How to Rotate a Video
- To rotate a video in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction, do these:
- Add the video to timeline and right-click.
- From available options, choose Rotate, and then the direction.
How to Reverse a Video Clip
- You can choose to play a video in reverse.
- Add video to timeline and right-click.
- Now, click Time >> Normal >> Backward >> 1X.
- How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership
- How to Start a Group Video Call on WhatsApp
- Identify Hacked iPhone and Android Smartphones
- How to Download Instagram Photos, Videos and Stories
- 5 Top Video Marketing Agencies And How They Work Wonders For You
Found this post on how to edit videos in Windows 10 helpful? Kindly leave a comment and share with friends.