Are you a creator or a regular user experiencing difficulties related to age? Here, we have explained how to fix the “This content is age restricted” error and turn off age restriction on TikTok.
Some TikTok users are reportedly getting errors related to age. The error usually emerges for specific users that are considered under-age.
However, some users who didn’t add their date of birth on the app have also reported the issue.
- How to Hide Your Following List on TikTok
- Learn to See Who Viewed Your TikTok Videos
- How to Remove the Rotoscope Filter on TikTok
The TikTok error reads:
“Video unavailable. This content is age-restricted”.
When displayed, this error message will prevent a user from watching specific TikTok videos on the For You page. And you will be required to scroll and move on to the following video.
This error is justified for users who are under 13 years of age. Annoyingly, some users who have not even set their date of birth keep getting the error.
Now that I have introduced you to the age restriction error let us see why you get it on TikTok.
Why does TikTok say age restricted?
TikTok age-restricted error is usually seen when the Restricted mode is enabled on the app. If not, you have entered your age to 13 years old or lower.
The Restricted Mode is used to protect users from inappropriate content. This will help to limit specific content which is not appropriate for you. Such content may contain adult and graphic content.
TikTok users can enable or disable this option from the app’s Settings and privacy option. You will find the Restricted mode option under Digital Wellbeing, where you can turn it on or off as pleased.
Be informed that you might start seeing inappropriate content when Restricted Mode is enabled. When disabled, the restricted error is displayed for such contents.
Any other report of age-restricted error aside from those two factors is a result of a bug or glitch and should be reported on the TikTok app.
How to fix the “This content is age restricted” error on TikTok
To fix this error, turn off the age restriction. You enjoy unrestricted access to the TikTok app when the age restriction is off. Otherwise, you can contact TikTok for help.
How to turn off age restriction on TikTok
Age restriction can be turned off on TikTok in six easy steps.
- Launch the TikTok app on your phone, and from the bottom-right, tap on the Profile tab.
- Next, tap on the Menu icon, the three-horizontal line icon at the top right of your screen.
- On the next screen, go to Settings and privacy.
- Now, scroll down the page displayed and tap the Digital Wellbeing option.
- Here, you will find the options: Screen Time Management and Restricted Mode. Select the Restricted Mode option to proceed.
- Finally, tap on Turn off Restricted Mode and enter your passcode to effect the change. Note that the Restricted Mode is already off in the final screenshot above.
If you didn’t enable age restriction but keep getting this error, this could be a glitch and should be reported. Contact TikTok for help.
How to contact TikTok for help
- Reporting a problem on the TikTok app is simple. Go to your profile, then Menu, then to Settings and privacy.
- Tap on Report a problem and choose Videos and sounds. Proceed with Video not playing and choose No in the next phase.
- Finally, choose the “Need more help?” option, explain the problem you need help with and submit.
You can also use the Share your feedback form. On the page, input your contact information and choose Report a bug/Feature request as the topic.
Next, choose Report a bug as the subtopic and briefly explain the error. Finally, submit the form and wait for a response.
Please note that it takes a few days to get a response for TikTok.
Is TikTok appropriate for 7 and 9-year-olds?
The TikTok app is recommended for people from age 15 and above. This is purpose because of privacy issues and the mature content that might get exposed.
Interestingly, one of TikTok’s requirements to enjoy the app’s full experience is to be 13 years old. However, the app allows children of younger ages to use the app with specific content restricted to them.
Can I put an age restriction on TikTok?
Yes, you can. The TikTok app has a 12+ rating on Google Play for Android and Apple App Store for iOS devices. Thus, it will enable parents to use the device-level parental controls readily available on Android and iOS devices.
“The Video is unavailable, content is age-restricted” error is either because of your age or Restriction Mode. Ensure you have set your date of birth on TikTok correctly.
Go to your TikTok profile, then Menu and finally, Settings and privacy. Further, visit the Manage account tab and choose Date of birth.
If you have mistakenly entered a younger age, you need to contact TikTok to make a change. However, you may be required to submit a valid ID to identify and prove that you are older. Remember you can still remove filters from your videos.
- How to Add Link to Instagram Story
- How to Delete Friends On Facebook
- Know Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile
Found this post helpful? Kindly help to promote us. Engage and share.