If you care enough about your privacy, you definitely should consider hiding Instagram like counts from your followers. Here, we have discussed how to hide like count on Instagram.
Instagram recently rolled out an update that gives the ability to hide like and view counts on users post in their feed. This is to enhance users' experience and help users focus more on getting better content instead of the content popularity.
Users can now use the option to hide the like and view counts from their posts. Once hidden, other Instagram users, including your followers, would cease to see these counts.
- How to Reply to a Message on Instagram
- How to View Private Instagram Profiles
- List of Instagram Accounts that Follow Back
Hiding away the like and view counts can be done before or after a post is made. Below, we have discussed in detail, with appropriate screenshots, how to hide Instagram likes on your feed and posts.
How to Hide Like Count on Instagram
Hide Likes and Views from Other Account
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Select the three black horizontal lines from the upper right corner and tap Settings >> Privacy >> Posts.
- Finally, turn on the Hide Like and View Counts option.
Henceforth, you won't see the total number of likes and views on posts from other accounts. To restore things to normal, kindly turn off Hide Like and View Counts option.
To hide like counts on your posts when you create them, you need to go to Advanced Settings and turn on the Hide Like and View Counts on This Post option. Here is how to get there;
- While making a post, when you get to the last stage where you write caption and tag accounts, scroll down and select Advanced Settings.
- Further, select Advanced Settings and turn on the Hide Like and View Counts on This Post option.
- Tap the white circle to hide like, and view counts.
Hide Likes on Your Instagram Post After Sharing
- Identify the post you want to hide likes from and tap the three grey dots from the right-hand corner of the post.
- Choose Hide Like Count from the options available.
Once the like count is hidden, counts will only show “Liked by one user and others“.
- How to Hide A Chat in WhatsApp
- How to Add Special Effects to Instagram Messages
- Find an Instagram Account Using Mobile Number or Email
Found this post helpful? Kindly endeavour to share.