In this post, you will be learning how to link National Identification Number NIN with a mobile number online and with USSD on all networks.
On Monday this week, the FG issued a directive requiring network operators to disconnect all mobile lines that are not linked to the National Identification Number (NIN). Hence, the need for a data re-capture process to link the NIN to the subscriber’s SIM registration data.
As a result, some network operators have come up with ways through which subscribers to their network can easily link their NIN without entering an office. This process involves either filling an update form on the operator’s website or with the use of USSD codes.
- 11 Tips on How to Learn Without Forgetting
- Some Golden WhatsApp Group Rules Examples
- How to Add BVN Number to Your Bank Account
How to Check if NIN is Linked to Your Mobile Number
While it is essential to submit your NIN to your network operator, it is necessary to know that not all mobile numbers are unlinked. You can always check if yours is linked by performing these quick actions.
On your MTN SIM, dial 7891# to check your NIN status.
Glo subscribers should text REG to 746 or 3456.
On your Airtel line, simply dial *746#.
9Mobile subscribers are to *346# on their line.
Please note that a service charge of #20 is deducted on your line from service providers when you use this service. Besides, if you confirm that NIN has not been linked to your line, kindly proceed below.
How to Link NIN with Mobile Number Online & USSD
Link NIN with MTN Number
NIN can be linked to MTN lines online and with the use of USSD code.
- To link your NIN online, visit mtnonline.com/nim and fill the SIM data update form.
- To link your line using USSD, dial *785*NIN# from the line you wish to link.
Link NIN with Airtel Number
- On our Airtel line, simply dial *121*1# and follow the instructions displayed at screen prompt.
- Alternatively, you can submit your NIN for linking with your number by simply sending START to 121. Further instructions would be sent to you and you are to follow through.
Link NIN with Glo Number
- To link, your Glo number, send a message in the format below to 109.
- Send “UpdateNIN, NIN, FirstName, LastName” as a text message to 109 from the Glo line.
Link NIN with 9Mobile Number
To add 9Mobile number to NIN online, visit nin.9mobile.com.ng and fill your details. You can also dial 2008# to submit your NIN for verification.
Lastly, ensure you get your mobile line linked to your NIN now to prevent getting disconnected after 30th December 2020.
- How to Repost Instagram Posts as Stories
- How To Send Whatsapp Messages To Non-Contacts
- Learn to Download YouTube Videos in Bulk on Android
- How to Find A Twitter Account Using Email or Mobile Number
Found this post helpful? Kindly tell us your thoughts and remember to share the post link with friends and family.