In this post, you will be learning how to link a phone number to NIN using MWS NIMC mobile app.
About the MWS NIMC App
The MWS NIMC Mobile ID app is owned by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) and the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
To use the app, you need a National Identification Number (NIN) issued by the National Identity Management Commission or one of its accredited agents and a Mobile Number. This means you must have previously enrolled for NIN before you can use the app.
More so, you may link up to 6 extra Mobile Numbers to your NIN and easily comply with the requirements of the NCC.
- How to Make Android Phone Calls from Windows
- How to Make Voice and Video Calls on WhatsApp Web
- Learn How to Download YouTube Videos in Bulk on Android
In other news, the Nigerian government have now allowed network providers to replace and activate old SIM cards. Remember that the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) was ordered by FG in December to ban operators that sell new SIM or activate old SIM cards.
In other words, if you have lost your sim card and would like to retain the line, kindly walk into any office of your network provider and request for a Welcome Back. However, a subscriber applying for a welcome back must present a NIN verified by NIMC.
- Module to link a mobile number to NIN
- Show a list of mobile Numbers linked to your NIN and dependents List.
- Proper error handling. and other performance improvements.
- Date filter to the verification history list with error handling profile data mismatch during provisioning.
- Refresh functionality to showMyId page.
How to Link Phone Number to NIN Using MWS NIMC Mobile APP
- First, install the app from Google Play or the iOS App Store.
- Enter your NIN and also your mobile number. Your user ID and OTP is sent to you. OTP is valid for 30 minutes.
- After your OTP is validated, you will be required to set a 6-digit password for the app. Once done, you will be taken to the Dashboard.
- From the available option, tap My Devices on the dashboard to see your linked contact.
- Also, to link another number, tap the Add Another Number button. An information page is displayed and you need to tap Proceed. Enter the Mobile Numbers you want to link one after the other and an OTP is sent to verify each number.
Note: The NIMC has declared that only people that link their numbers before the 31st January 2021using the app will get OTP for verifications freely. However, network operators will decide the amount to be charged on SMS after the date.
- How to Enable Back Tap on iOS 14
- How to Change A Wrong Name in TrueCaller Database
- Download TextNow Premium MOD APK and Get Free US Number
Found this post on how to link a phone number to NIN using MWS NIMC mobile app helpful? Kindly share with friends.