Need a resume copy urgently? You can easily make your LinkedIn profile into a downloadable PDF file and use it as a resume.
Your LinkedIn profile can serve as a real-time resume as you change your career. If well updated, potential clients and employers can easily be updated and keep track of your employment status and help them make quick decisions when they want to hire.
If you have a professional and updated LinkedIn profile, then there is no reason why you should always go for a fresh CV when applying for a new job. LinkedIn has a built-in feature that will help you build a resume from your profile. Making a resume from your LinkedIn profile is easy and even download a copy to your PC.
- How to Edit Details on your Google Account
- Create and Modify Username on Windows 10
- How to Allow Contributions on a Word Document Project
How to Save LinkedIn Profile as a Resume
To save a LinkedIn profile as a resume, you need to log in to your LinkedIn account on a PC’s web browser. The feature is not available on the mobile app at the present time.
- Log in to your LinkedIn account and click the Me dropdown menu at the top of the page.
- Next, choose View Profile to go to your profile.
- On your LinkedIn profile page, click the More option located to the right of your profile picture and select Build a resume.
- Now, from the pop-up menu, click Create from profile.
- Lastly, fill the Job title field to find keywords in your resume and click Apply. You can click Skip to load your resume without finding any keywords.
- LinkedIn will now make your resume. Once it’s ready, you can Preview it to see how it looks or keep a copy.
- To download a copy, click More from the upper-right corner of that page and choose Download as PDF to save the generated resume on PC.
How to Edit LinkedIn Generated Resume
If you are applying for a job that does not need specific information or skills you have on your profile, you can remove, edit, or update those sections before downloading the resume from LinkedIn.
- Click the Edit icon and choose a name for your resume in the Resume name field and Save.
- You can now update or remove any section of your resume by clicking the Edit icon next to the section.
- Also, you can remove a section from the edit menu pop up by clicking Delete from the lower-left corner and Save.
Note: Changes made to your generated resume won't affect your LinkedIn profile.
How to Delete Generated Resumes from LinkedIn
LinkedIn automatically saves generated resumes and you might not want this. Hence, the need to delete them.
- To delete all previously generated resumes, go to your LinkedIn profile and click More.
- Next, select Build a resume and locate the resume you want to delete from the list.
- Finally, click the three horizontal dots to the right and click Delete.
How to Save LinkedIn Profile as PDF
Without the LinkedIn resume builder tool, there is an alternative way to save your LinkedIn profile as a PDF:
On your LinkedIn profile page, click More and select Save to PDF.
Your profile is downloaded to your PC as PDF automatically. However, the downloaded profile cannot take place of a resume, and you can't make an edit to the profile sections except with a PDF editor.
- Delete a Cash App Account
- How to Delete Your Spotify Account
- Remove Personal Details from USPhonebook
- Disable Data for Specific Apps on Windows and Mac PC
Found this post helpful? Kindly share with friends.