Making voice and video call is very common among many WhatsApp smartphone users and many believe the web version cannot do the same. In this post, you will be learning how to make video calls with WhatsApp Web.
WhatsApp remains arguably the most used instant messenger app around the world. Over the years, it has witnessed the evolution of many amazing features which has helped retain its fanbase and made users stay glued to the app.
Of the numerous things you can do with WhatsApp messenger, one is the voice and video call feature that allows you to make calls to anyone who has a WhatsApp account. It is a well-used feature among its users due to its ease of use and amazing call quality.
- How To Read Lovers Whatsapp Messages From Your Phone
- Learn the Easy Steps to Enable Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web
- How to Stop Media Files from Downloading Automatically on WhatsApp
Making a call with the app is easy and well-known. However, for the few who might be trying the feature for the first time, the process is as simple as launching WhatsApp and opening a chat. Further, find the video recorder icon placed above the opened chat and tap. This attempt to place a video call to the contact.
Also, you can add more people to a call and make things more fun. During a video call session, find and tap the add participant option from the topmost menu, and add a contact. You can also start a group video call right from any group of choice. At the moment, the number of group call participants is limited to eight.
In the past, WhatsApp only support calls on the app but not the web. However, with the recently added Messenger Room feature, web users can make calls too.
How to Make Video Calls with WhatsApp Web
To make a video call on WhatsApp Web, ensure you follow the guide below.
- Launch WhatsApp Web App on your PC or visit web.whatsapp.com and connect to your account.
- When you are connected, click the vertical three-dots icon above the windows screen and click Create a Room. A pop-up is displayed instructing you to Continue in Messenger.
- Click on the option and a webpage is loaded with a generated video call link. Copy the generated video call link and you can share the link with people you would like to place a call to.
Placing a WhatsApp video call on the web version is that simple and allow you to add up to 50 participants at a time.
- 6 Features of WhatsApp Web You Don’t Know
- 6 WhatsApp Features Not Available on Web Version
- How to Create Instagram Reels; TikTok-Like Videos
Found this post helpful? Kindly leave your comment below and remember to share it with friends.