In this post, you will be learning how to move WhatsApp Groups to Signal. Although, you should be well aware that this tip will only let you move WhatsApp group members to Signal and not chats.
If you are considering switching from WhatsApp to Signal, you need to know that the process is very easy. All you need to do is to create your profile on Signal using your phone number.
At the moment, cross-importing chats between the two platforms are not possible. However, if you are considering a switch from WhatsApp to Telegram, moving your chats won’t such a big deal.
- Make a Sprite Move-in Scratch for Beginners
- How to Add Widgets to Home Screen on iOS 14
- Save Personal Notes and Media Files with WhatsApp
On the other hand, WhatsApp groups can be moved to Signal in a very simple way.
How to Move WhatsApp groups to Signal
Before you proceed, ensure you have the most recent version of Signal on your device.
- Launch the Signal app on your mobile and tap the three dots menu located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap the New Group option if you use an Android device. iOS users should tap the pencil-like icon located at the top-right of the screen.
- Now, you may select your group members contact and can add or suspend till later.
- Give the group a name you will see a prompt to invite friends via a link.
- Just click on Enable and Share Link shown on the pop-up box and choose Copy.
- Open your WhatsApp group chat and paste the group link that you copied earlier.
And that is all you need.
Your WhatsApp group members will now be able to move to Signal using your link. You can go ahead to delete the previous group chat once everyone has moved. Finally, remember to turn off the link to prevent strangers from joining.
- Change WhatsApp Phone Number Without Losing Chats
- Use WhatsApp Disappearing Messages on Android, iOS
- How to Link NIN & Mobile Number on All Networks, Online & USSD