In this post, you will be learning how to open a PayPal account that receives money in Nigeria.
Unfortunately, PayPal only allows Nigerians to open an account which can only send funds but can’t receive. Many people have claimed that the sole reason for this limitation is due to the alarming crime rate. But the truth is, most developing nations are restricted from receiving funds with PayPal. Hence, Nigeria is not the only one on this list.
Some popular nations also restricted to sending but not receiving funds with PayPal includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, North Korea, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Haiti, Lebanon, Libya, Pakistan, Paraguay, Sudan, Syria, Zimbabwe and many others.
- How to Transfer Money From Union Bank Account in Nigeria
- All DStv Bouquet Package Prices, Channels and How to Subscribe in 2020
Sadly, there are lots of people affected by the limitation placed on Nigeria PayPal accounts. People are doing legitimate activities on the internet and need to get paid after they have worked hard but find it hard due to this restriction. Some are forced to find another means to get paid while others lose the funds for life.
If you have found yourself in such a situation, I will implore you to sit back and follow the guidelines in this post to open a PayPal account that receives money in Nigeria. However, if you have never used PayPal before and would like to know if it is for you or not, below is a quick overview of the PayPal platform.
What is PayPal and PayPal Account?
PayPal is an online payments system through which money transfers can be made online across the world. The system gives room for individuals and organizations to send and receive money online without any physical cash deposit.
In the past years, PayPal was not opened to Nigerians. However, in 2014, PayPal was announced in Nigeria but only to send funds.
Why Do I Need a PayPal Account?
If you take part in any legitimate business online such as blogging, affiliate marketing drop shipping or you work as a freelancer, you will need a PayPal account at some point to make withdrawals of your earnings.
Many of the online business platforms we use only do recognize PayPal as the acceptable form of payment. This at times, may not be known to people participating on such platforms and would find it hard to request for payments when they reach their payment threshold.
Although, there are other PayPal alternatives including Payoneer, Skrill, MoneyGram and Western Union. However, PayPal is best known for fast and swift delivery in sending and receiving Payment with no limit.
As a result of these, most people have tried to bypass this restriction by creating US PayPal account with the help of VPN to allow them to receive money and make withdrawals. Although sometimes, they get away with it, other times, they get caught and their account is blocked.
Requirements for a PayPal that Receives Fund
Just like the regular PayPal account, you only need a valid email address. This email address will be used to verify your account when you finally create one. Also, the email address will be used to send funds into your PayPal account once active.
Also, we shall be considering opening a PayPal business account from the Lesotho gateway.
You do not need a VPN to create a PayPal account that receives funds!
How to Open a Paypal Account that Receives Money in Nigeria
- First, open your browser and visit the Lesotho Paypal gateway.
- Click on sign up and select Business Account on the next page load.
- Now enter your valid email address and password. Further, click next.
- The next page is where you input your personal and business details. Ensure you use your real name but you can use any name for business even if it’s not yet registered. Also, reenter the email address in the email form field and choose any password of your choice.
- Next, supply your mobile number. First, click on the dropdown placed in front of the form option and change from Lesotho to Nigeria. Then, proceed by entering your correct mobile number.
- Now, enter your address and select your preferred PayPal currency type. Finally, check the agreement box then click Agree and Continue.
- On the next page load, you are to provide further information about your business. You can choose individual and choose any option from the category and subcategory. Only enter a business URL if you own a website. Otherwise, you may leave it blank.
- Lastly, you will be taken to the Account Holders’ Information Page where you are to enter a valid identification. Choose Nigeria and you can choose the national identity card or international passport for verification. Now, click on submit once you are done.
Finalizing a PayPal Account
Once you click on submit, you will be taken to a page requesting you to confirm your email address. You are required to login to your mail and lookout for a verification link from PayPal. Click on this once you can find it and that ends the setup process for a PayPal account that receives money in Nigeria. You can now login to your PayPal account and see the full features for yourself.
I will like to stop here for the moment. In my next post, I have discussed how to make withdrawals from a PayPal business account created from the Lesotho gateway in Nigeria. Therefore, kindly endeavour to check it out.
Found this post helpful? Kindly tell us how you feel and don’t forget to share with your friends and loved ones.