Although, the poke button is no longer available. However, you can’t rule out that the feature is still available for Facebook users. Here, we have explained how to poke on Facebook mobile and web version.
Facebook initially introduced the poke feature upon launching the social media platform in 2004. It soon became a popular feature ever since but later generated some controversies.
Many use it to send greetings, and some use it for fun. But the irritating part is when you get poked by people you don’t know, and it gets tiring when people keep poking back and forth.
Facebook never give a precise meaning to the poke feature, and as a result, people use it for fun, and some find it offensive. Maybe this was the reason why Facebook hid it away, and maybe not. But the Facebook poke feature is still very much accessible to those who want it.
Facebook hide the feature on a page called Pokes. You can only access this page by searching for Poke from the search tool on your Facebook Home Screen or the Settings or Help Center page.
How to Poke on Facebook
On Mobile App
- Look for the Facebook search tool on your Home Screen and type Poke. Run a search and choose the first option to access the Pokes Page.
- Now, search for your friend’s name and the Poke option will appear next to their name.
- Tap Poke, and the friend will get a notification alongside an option to poke you back.
On Facebook Lite App
- From your Home Screen, tap the three horizontal lines to see the menu.
- From the options in the menu, select Settings and scroll downwards to see the Access your information option. This option is located under Your Facebook Information option.
- Next, tap Other Activity and tap the pop-up to the Poke option, which displays next. In the search bar that shows up, type your friend’s name and the poke option is placed beside their name.
On Facebook Desktop
A poked Facebook friend will be sent a notification with an option to poke you back. Once they poke you back, you can poke again and continue in that trend. However, you can’t re-poke a friend until they poke you back or remove the poke you sent earlier.
You have seen that the Facebook Poke button was hidden and can still be used. This legacy feature for many of us helps to remember some old Facebook memories.
- How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account
- Turn Off Read Receipts on Facebook Messenger
- See Who Viewed Your Featured Photos on Facebook
Found this post on how to poke on Facebook helpful? Please, endeavour to share.