Do you know you can still attempt to recover your FB account even after someone else has gained access to it? In this article, we have discussed how to recover your hacked Facebook account.
How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account
Recovering a hacked Facebook account can be as easy as changing your password or reporting the compromised account to Facebook if the first option fails.
- How to Set up FaceTime on iPhone and Other iOS devices
- How to Change WhatsApp Phone Number Without Losing Chats
- Learn How to Open, Send Money and Withdraw from a Cash App Account
How to Change Facebook Password
Using Facebook Mobile App
- Open Facebook to see the login page if you longer have access to your account.
- Next, tap the Need Help? option below the email address and password fields. Alternatively, you may use the Forgot Password? Option if it is available on this page. Tap Forgot Password? And proceed to the Facebook password reset page.
- On the page, provide your email address or phone number that you use to log into your Facebook account in the field. If you have never added your phone number to Facebook, you can only use your email address.
- After entering the email address or phone number, tap Search to see your Facebook account. Now, select an account recovery method simply by choosing one of the account recovery options provided at the top of the page. You can choose via email for Facebook to send a reset code to your Facebook account's email address or via SMS for Facebook to text a reset code to your Facebook profile's registered phone number.
- Next, tap Continue right below the account recovery options to receive a code via email or text to you by Facebook.
- Get the code from the mail as a six-digit code listed in the subject line or SMS, as a six-digit code in a text message.
- Hurry to enter the code in the text box provided before it becomes invalid. If the code becomes invalid or didn’t enter, tap the Resend Code option to get a different code.
- Tap Continue to submit the code and go to the next page. Please check the Log me out of other devices box, then tap Continue to log out your Facebook account on every other device which it is currently logged in including the hacker's device.
- Enter a new password and tap Continue to replace your old password.
- Your account is now safe and the hacker will no longer have access to it.
Using Facebook Website on Desktop
- Visit facebook.com to see the Facebook login page and click Forgotten password? right below the Password text box on the upper-right side of the page.
- The find your account page is displayed next and you can enter your email address or phone number. Type in the email address or phone number that you use to log into the account and click Search to find your account.
- Next, select an account reset option by choosing one of the options; send code via email, send code via SMS or use my Google account.
- Click continue and enter the 6-digit code sent to you or entering your email address and password if you choose a Google account. Further, click Continue to go to the password reset page.
- Next, enter a new password and click Continue to save the password change. Remember to check the log out of other devices box to log your account out on all other devices and click Continue.
Reporting the Hacked Account to Facebook
If the change password option did not work for you, please proceed using the method below.
- Visit facebook.com/hack on a computer browser and click My Account is Compromised. To open a search page.
- Next, enter your email address or phone number and click the text field in the middle of the page, then type in the email address or phone number that you use with Facebook. Click Search to prompt Facebook to find your Facebook account.
- Next, enter a password that you can remember using for the Facebook account in the Current or Old Password text field and click Continue.
- Choose a valid reason such as; I saw a post, message, or event on my account that I didn't create, someone else got into my account without my permission or I don't see the right option on this list
- Next, click Continue to go to the beginning of the hacked account recovery page. If you check an option not listed in the valid reason section, you will get on the Facebook help page instead.
- Click Get Started on the lower-right side of the page to evaluate your Facebook account for recent changes or activity and click Continue from the bottom-right side of the page.
- Now, enter a new password and click Next. Also, click the box next to your name and click Next to select your current name as the original account name.
- Next, edit any information that you didn't change. Facebook will show you the different posts, settings, and other changes that were made recently and you can review the changes and remove the ones that are not added by you.
Finally, click go to News Feed and you have been granted full access to your Facebook account again.
- Learn How to Delete a Cash App Account
- How to Protect a Microsoft Word Document with Password
- How to Send Money on Google Pay – Bank, Phone, UPI ID and QR
Here is the end of the article on how to recover your hacked Facebook account. If you have found this post helpful, please share it with friends.