Losing context in Instagram DMs is easy for people in a large group text. To avoid this, you can add clarity by responding to messages individually. Here, we have discussed how to reply to a message on Instagram.
The feature to allow Instagram users to respond directly to a specific message was introduced to prevent getting lost in a pool of messages in DMs. Interestingly, this option can be enabled from the app's Settings menu.
To enable it, launch the Instagram app on your device and go to the Profile tab. Tap the hamburger menu button from the top-right of your screen and go to Settings >> Update Messaging. Select Update. Besides, Followers Gallery can help you get more Instagram followers.
How to Reply a Message Directly on Instagram
Replying a Message via Instagram App
- First, open the Instagram app and tap the Messenger icon from the top-right of the home screen.
- Open any conversation and find a message to respond to.
- Next, swipe to your right on this message to see a reply button and release it. To reply to your own message, just swipe left. Another way around it is to press and hold a message and tap Reply. Type your response and tap Send.
Replying a Message via Instagram Web
- Visit Instagram web from your browser and go to the Messages (DM) section.
- Select a conversation from the left-hand side of the screen and find the message you want to reply to.
- Hover over the message and click Reply.
- Enter a message in the text box and click Send.
The original message will show above the text box and any response you write will be linked to it. Besides, you can also add special effects to your Instagram messages.
Found this piece on how to reply to a message on Instagram helpful? Kindly endeavour to share.