Do you own an iPhone device and would like to learn to reboot the device? In this discussion, you will be learning how to restart, reset or format all iPhone models.
There are times when you need to restart your iPhone device, especially when you are trying to fix a problem. A restart is needed to solve little issues like bad connectivity, or crashing of an app.
However, when iPhone won’t start, maybe it doesn’t boot beyond the Apple logo or you want to sell your iPhone device to someone else, then you need to restore or format the device completely.
You may also like:
- How to Hide Apps on iPhone
- Learn to Download New iPhone Software Update
- How to Make Money Online Testing Products
The reset and format options op iPhone devices are not the same. The reset process doesn’t delete your settings or data while format erases all files on your device, and return all settings to the factory's.
Before proceeding to restore, ensure you have properly backed up all needed files on your device. Now, let’s proceed to the main business.
How to Restart an iPhone Device
How to Restart iPhone 8, X, XS and XR devices
- Start by holding the sleep/wake key and volume down button.
- Then, drag the slider displayed on your screen from left to right to restart the phone.
How to Restart Other iPhone models
- Hold the sleep/wake key and wait for the slider to show on the screen.
- Drag the slider from left to right to put off the phone.
- Finally, when the phone is off, hold the Sleep/Wake key to restart the device.
How to Reset an iPhone Device
How to Reset iPhone 8, X, XS and XR devices
- Hold and release the volume up key.
- Further, hold and release the volume down key.
- Now, proceed by holding the sleep/wake key until the slider shows.
- Drag the slider from left to right to reset the phone.
How to Reset iPhone 7
To reset iPhone 7, you only need to hold the volume down and the sleep/wake keys till the reset process starts.
How to Reset iPhone models
- Hold the sleep/wake and the home key at once. Do not release the slider appears on your screen.
- Further, join the volume down to the keys you are holding until the Apple logo shows on your screen.
- Then, release all keys and watch the device reset itself.
Those are ways by which you can reset or format all iPhone models. However, not all of the iPhone device issues require formatting. There are quick fixes for some likely problems your phone might encounter and will be discussed in the coming days.
You may also like:
- Free WordPress Themes or Premium WordPress Themes
- How to Easily Unlock iPhone Devices Using Dr Fone
- How to Unlock iPhone SE 2020 for All SIMs
Found this helpful? Remember to leave your comments and share with friends.