Twitter has tools and algorithms to protect users from violence or adult scenes on its app and website. Here, we have discussed how to see sensitive content on Twitter.
Twitter accounts let you post tweets such as images and videos. It also allows live streams and meetings. There are plenty of accounts that tweet about kids' content, funny memes, the latest news and happenings, other helpful information alongside, violence and adult scenes which are regarded as sensitive content.
Twitter explained sensitive content as ‘potentially sensitive content that other users may not wish to see, such as violence or nudity.' Tweets that contain adults or violent scenes, shows a warning that ‘This media may contain sensitive material. Your media settings are configured to warn you when media may be sensitive.'
- Best Short Video Apps For Android
- How to Delete All Your Tweets at Once
- Download Videos and Animations from Twitter
Twitter also shows a warning when a profile that posts such content regularly is visited. This warning says, ‘This profile may include potentially sensitive content. You're seeing this warning because they Tweet potentially sensitive images or language. Do you still want to view it?‘
By default, Twitter hides sensitive content from its users to prevent them from seeing violence or adult scenes. However, if you would like to see sensitive content on Twitter, here is how.
How to See Sensitive Content in Twitter on Mobile
- Launch your Twitter app and make sure you are signed in.
- Next, tap your profile picture from the upper left side of the screen.
- Further, go to Settings and privacy >> Privacy and safety.
- Now scroll downwards under Safety and check the Display media that may contain a sensitive content box.
How to See Sensitive Content in Twitter on Web
- Visit the Twitter website and ensure you are signed in.
- Click the More button from the left side of the screen (usually a three dots icon in a circle).
- From the pop-up menu, choose the Settings and Privacy option.
- Go to Privacy and Safety and then select “Content You See”.
- Check the Display Media That May Contain Sensitive Content box.
Henceforth, you will be able to see sensitive content on Twitter. The settings you did is applicable to your account and you will be able to see sensitive tweets on any device or browser that you use to log in to Twitter. If you don't want to see sensitive content, you only need to uncheck the box. The option will be disabled for you and you can use Twitter safely.
In addition, you can also prevent Twitter from displaying your contents as sensitive simply by unchecking the Mark media you Tweet as containing material that may be sensitive box. If your contents are sensitive, please leave the box checked. This will ensure the safety of fellow tweeps.
- Use Spaces – Twitter Audio Chat Rooms
- How to Send Voice Messages in DMs on Twitter
- Learn to Clean and Customise Your Twitter Feed
Found this guide on how to see sensitive content on Twitter helpful? Please, ensure you share the post.