Twitter has made it easy to start important voice conversations and announcements on the platform. Here is how to send voice messages in DMs on Twitter.
Twitter is one of the most popular social media platforms around the world right now. It is a platform where people can start conversation threads through tweets and as well, send direct messages (DM) to make conversations more private. The microblogging format used by Twitter allows businesses to consider using the platform to make announcements and keep in touch with their customers.
Recently, Twitter has introduced a new feature that allows sending voice messages in DMs. Tweeps can now send voice messages with other Twitter users for up to 140 seconds. However, the feature only works on the Twitter mobile app but not on the desktop.
- How to Add Special Effects to Instagram Messages
- Easy Methods To Read WhatsApp Deleted Messages
- How to Schedule WhatsApp Messages on Smartphones
This new feature to send and receive voice messages in DMs was announced a few months ago and then introduced in India and as well as in more markets like Brazil and Japan. It has since been rolled out in phases.
If the feature is available for your country, kindly follow the procedures highlighted below to send voice messages to other Twitter users.
How to Send Voice Messages in DMs on Twitter
- Ensure you have installed the most updated Twitter version from Google Play for Android or App Store for iOS.
- Launch the Twitter app and tap DM (the Envelope-like symbol) found at the bottom-right of the tab bar.
- Next, tap the New Message button on the bottom-right and search for a user to send a voice message.
- Tap and hold the Voice Recording button shown at the bottom close to the text bar. Twitter will ask for permission to record audio and you have to grant all permissions to start recording. Remember, you can record up to 140 seconds for every message.
- Once you're done recording, release the Voice Recording button and the audio message will be displayed in your text bar. You can play the recording and proceed to send or cancel.
- To send the voice message, tap the Arrow button beside the clip.
- How to Use Messenger Rooms on WhatsApp
- How to Use Nearby Share to Send Files on Android Devices
- Learn to Change Name, Delete Account and Remove Tags on Truecaller
Found this piece on how to send voice messages in DMs on Twitter helpful? Please share with others.