Would you like to use your iPhone's built-in Reminders app to set a reminder for yourself? Here, we have discussed how to set reminders on iPhone.
The Reminders app on iOS devices can help you easily create to-do lists for different activities such as learning, shopping, or tasks to carry out in your home, work projects and more.
You can create reminders, subtasks, set flags, add attachments, and more. However, if you just want a basic reminder, a simple alarm from your iPhone's Clock app should get the job done.
- How to Delete an App on iPhone
- How to Add Widgets to Home Screen on iOS 14
- Some of the Most Prominent Current Ecommerce Trends
How to Set Reminders on iPhone with the Reminders App
- Start the Reminders app on iPhone. If this opens to a list, tap the title of the list from the top of the screen to minimize the list. Now, you should see a search bar and a + icon at the top of the screen.
- Next, tap ＋from the top-right corner of the screen to see a menu. From this menu, tap Reminder to open a new reminder form.
- Choose a title for your reminder and tap the Remind me on a day switch option. This option is located right below the title text box and will turn green. You should see and an Alarm button appear.
- Proceed to select a date and time. First, tap Alarm and use the dial to choose a date and a time for your reminder. To save your settings, tap Alarm once more.
- You can set the alarm to act repeatedly at this time. Tap Repeat and choose an option. Now, choose a priority by tapping any of the options next to the Priority heading. You can choose from None, !, !! and !!!, all based on the importance of the event.
- To change the Reminders list, tap List and tap the name of the list you want. Also, you can leave a note for yourself using the text box at the bottom of the page. The note will be displayed on the reminder's notification as it goes off.
- Once you are ready, go to the top-right corner of the screen and tap Done. The reminder will be created and will sound once the time and date clock. The title of your reminder and the note added will appear on the Lock Screen also.
How to Create a Subtask on iPhone
Simply swipe right on the reminder, find and tap the Indent option. Alternatively, you can drag a reminder onto another.
Note that subtasks are also marked as completed when the main task is completed. Besides, when the main task is moved or deleted, the subtasks goes with it.
How to Mark a Reminder as Completed
Simply tap the empty circle next to a reminder and it will be marked as completed and hidden.
If you would like to unhide it again, tap Options >> Show Completed.
Once a reminder is completed, you can delete it. Simple tap Clear.
How to Edit Multiple Reminders Together
To edit multiple reminders together, from the list, tap Options >> Select Reminders and choose the ones you want to edit. Alternatively, you can drag two fingers over the reminders you want to be edited.
The buttons seen at the bottom of the screen can be used to mark as complete, flag, add a date and time, and as well as move, assign, or delete a set of selected reminders.
How to Delete a Reminder
Make a swipe to the left on the reminder you want to remove and tap Delete.
Deleted reminders can also be recovered. A simple tap with three fingers or shake your device to undo.
How to Create an Alarm with the Clock App
- Go to the Clock app on your iPhone and tap the Alarm tab seen on the left-bottom of the screen.
- Next, tap + icon from the top-right corner to open a new alarm form. Now, set a time using the dial in the middle of the screen. Choose the hour and minute that you want the alarm to sound off. If your time is not in the 24-hour time format, you should set whether AM or PM.
- You can choose to repeat your alarm to be reminded repeatedly. Tap Repeat right below the time dial and choose the days you want the reminder to repeat. Once this has been set, tap Back from the top-left corner.
- Now, add a title to the alarm. Tap Label and delete the default Alarm label. Type in your preferred title and tap Done to save.
- Choose the alarm sound. Simply tap Sound and choose a sound from the list of available sounds provided. You can also tap the Pick a song option on the list of available sounds to choose a song from your Music library. Remember to tap Back to save the option.
- Finally, tap Save from the top-right corner of the screen to save the alarm. The alarm will sound at the exact date and time as set by you.
- How to Delete Albums on iPhone and iPad
- How to Send and Receive Fax from an iPhone
- Creative Ways to Turn On and Off the iPhone 12 Flashlight
Found this post on how to set reminders on iPhone helpful? Kindly share this with other iPhone users.