Apple is planning to bring a good number of enhancements to its FaceTime. This will allow iPhone users to do more when they FaceTime their loved ones. Here, we have discussed how to share your screen while FaceTime-ing on iPhone with iOS 15.
A new screen sharing feature – SharePlay, will enable iPhone users to share their screen with other people while on a FaceTime call. This would allow them to do more with FaceTime by, for example, allow their spouse to choose a movie, let them see while they scroll through a photo album, or do anything else that comes to their mind.
SharePlay got disabled in the sixth beta roll-out of iOS 15. Also, it was never included in the official release of iOS 15. The SharePlay feature was supposed to be released with iOS 15 but was delayed until the fall and will now arrive in one of the updates to iOS 15.
- How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone 12
- How to Automate Tasks on iPhone Using Shortcuts
- Creative Ways to Turn On and Off the iPhone 12 Flashlight
Although the feature has not been rolled out, here is how to use it.
- Launch FaceTime on your iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 devices and tap New FaceTime.
- Next, add the contacts that you want to share on your screen.
- Now, tap FaceTime. Otherwise, you can just select a recent contact to initiate a video call.
- Ensure the call is connected then tap the SharePlay button located at the top-right corner of the screen in the new control panel.
- Next, tap Share My Screen from the dropdown and wait for a three-second countdown to initialize screen sharing.
- Once the screen sharing has started, navigate to any app that you would like to share you are your callers. The screen-sharing icon will be displayed in the top-left corner of the screen to indicate that screen sharing is active. You can also tap the icon to see the FaceTime control panel.
- You can also remove the active caller's face to get more screen space if you want.
SharePlay displays the name of the person sharing their screen on the shared screen on other callers devices. It is displayed right below the top-left icon.
Also, the buttons to send them a message or react to what is being shared or share the screen with someone else are displayed alongside.
Interestingly, you can share almost anything displayed on the screen. You can listen to music or watch movies and TV using the SharePlay interface while on FaceTime.
- How to Find Mac Address on Windows 10
- How to Share Wi-Fi Password from an iPhone
- Change iPhone Wallpaper Automatically on iOS 14
Found this post helpful? Remember to share with other iPhone users.
- ESIM Providers: Do MNOs Need Them? - September 27, 2022
- Fixed: Secure Boot Is Not Enabled On This Machine FIFA 23 - September 27, 2022
- Fixed: The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error FIFA 23 - September 27, 2022