The popular Snip & Sketch app is used for taking screenshots on Windows. But, how do you take a screenshot on Mac, MacBook and Chromebook?
All major OS has distinctive ways to help you take screenshots natively on your system. With Windows, macOS and Chrome OS, you can permanently save the content on your screen for future purposes regardless of the make and model of your device.
The use of shortcuts can quickly help you get screen grabbed on your laptop. Besides, you can always crop your shots, remove an unwanted part and share directly over email and other apps.
Apart from native OS, some third-party apps will also help you take and edit a screenshot. Although, there is absolutely no need for one if you know your PC's operating system so well.
- Make Android Phone Calls from Windows
- Learn to Check WiFi Password on Windows 10
- 3 Ways to Permanently Activate Windows 10 OS for Free
Here, I will guide you on how to take a screenshot on your non-windows laptop, including Mac, MacBook and Chromebook. We have already considered taking screenshots on Windows PC earlier.
How to take a screenshot on a MacBook or any Mac PC
Although Mac systems don't come with a preloaded app for taking screenshots like on Windows, there is a native way to take a screenshot on MacBook, and Apple has provided other Mac computers. To do that, you are required to follow the steps below.
- While on your MacBook, Press and hold Shift + Command + 3 to take a screenshot of the entire PC screen. You will notice that a thumbnail has appeared in the corner of your screen to confirm that a screenshot has been captured.
- Next, to edit the screenshot, click on preview. You can skip this step if you do not want to edit it and let it save directly to your desktop.
- Alternatively, you can press and hold Shift + Command + 4 to only capture part of the screen. A crosshair pointer will appear, and you can drag it to select the part of the screen you want to capture. You can also press the Space bar while dragging to move the selection and cancel using the Esc.
- To take a screenshot of a window or a menu on Mac, press and hold Shift + Command + 4 + Space bar.
Screenshots are saved on macOS directly to your desktop by default but can be changed from the Options menu in the Screenshot app.
How to take a screenshot on a Chromebook
You can also use shortcuts to take a screenshot on Google's Chrome OS Chromebook.
- To take a screenshot of the full screen, press Ctrl + Show Windows. A screenshot of the part of the screen can be made by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Show Windows Further, click and drag the area you want to be captured.
- The screenshot on Chrome OS in tablets works similar to Android. You can capture screenshots by holding the Power and Volume down buttons at once. Captured screenshots are copied to the clipboard can be pasted to an app where they can be saved.
- How to Hack WiFi Networks on Windows
- How to Save Photos in JPG Format on iPhone
- Learn to Set up FaceTime on iPhone and Other iOS devices
Found this post on how to take a screenshot on Mac, MacBook and Chromebook helpful? Please, ensure you share with friends.