Moving from Android to iOS can be hard. Devices using both OS operates on different ecosystems and operating each of them will require a different method. Here, you will be learning how to transfer contacts from an Android device to iPhone.
Android and iOS are two different ecosystems. Considering a switch from Android to iPhones might be very tasking especially when you want to move your data.
Contacts are part of the data anyone buying a new phone will consider moving. However, transferring contacts from Android to an iPhone can be easily done, in fact, in multiple ways. These can be by importing VCF files saved from Android to iOS, through the use of a Google account and with the use of third-party apps.
- 7 Unknown Things you can do with Android
- How to Make Android Phone Calls from Windows
- How to Recover Gmail Account With/Without Date of Birth
To easily move your contacts from Android to an iPhone device, kindly follow the procedures highlighted below.
How to Transfer Contacts Importing VCF File Saved from Android to iOS
- Grab your Android device and go to the Contacts app.
- Next, tap the gear icon or three dots menu and use the Import/export tool.
- Now, tap Export to .vcf file to create a VCF file of your contacts and save it in the phone's storage. You can now send the VCF file to your iPhone through iTunes or by mail.
- Once you have the said file on your iPhone, you can then proceed to open and you would see an option to add all contacts. Tap this and your contacts would start showing on your iPhone.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone with Google account
- On your Android, you first need to sync your contacts with your Google account. Go to Settings >> Accounts and tap your Google account.
- Next, tap Account sync and then, the three dots menu to sync your contacts.
- Now, get your iPhone device and go to Settings >> Mail >> Accounts.
- Further, tap Add Account and enter the Google account used on your Android device. Now, turn on the contact’s toggle and your contacts will now appear on your iPhone.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone with SIM card
- From the Android device, tap the gear icon or the three dots menu from the Contacts app.
- Next, tap SIM card contacts and choose the SIM card you want to use on your iPhone if your Android device has dual SIM cards.
- Now, tap the three dots menu and then, select Import from the phone. You need to select the contacts you want to transfer to your phone and tap Done.
- Remove the SIM card once it has been successful and insert it in your iPhone.
- Now, on the iPhone, go to Settings >> Contacts >> Import SIM Contacts. You need to wait for a while to complete the process.
Finally, your contacts will now appear on your iPhone.
Aside from these three methods, you can also move your contacts using third-party apps which can be downloaded from Google Play into your Android device.
- How to Identify Hacked iPhone and Android Smartphones
- How Google can help you keep your passwords safe and secure
- Discover how many times your iPhone battery was recharged
We have come to the end of this post on how to transfer contacts from an Android device to an iPhone. If you have found this post helpful, please don’t hesitate to share.