You can easily turn a website into an Android lite app to get fast access to such website.
Some of the apps you use on your phone are silently killing your phone and you are not aware. Apps like Facebook, Snapchat, Amazon Shopping, and more are slowing down your phone and will even work in the background whether you shut them down or not.
Native Android apps have been found to be using more battery. Instead of installing these apps, you can turn their web version into lite apps and use them on your phone for improved performance and longer battery life.
- 7 Best Websites to Learn Web Development
- Save Personal Notes and Media Files with WhatsApp
- Disable Data for Specific Apps on Windows and Mac PC
Creating a lite app is different from website shortcuts usually created on Chrome. While the former function as self-contained apps, the latter is just a browser tab.
How to Turn a Website Into a Lite App for Android
- Install the Hermit browser and enter the URL of any site.
- Hermit will turn the website into a standalone app and send it to your home screen.
- More on Hermit App
- The Hermit app works well on Lollipop and newer Android versions. However, Hermit Lite apps are combined into one window in the Recent Apps screen rather than showing as individual native apps.
- Hermit premium comes with a one-time fee of $5.99 nut the free version lets you use most features needed. But if you really want to consider a premium, you are a game.
More on Hermit App
The Hermit app works well on Lollipop and newer Android versions. However, Hermit Lite apps are combined into one window in the Recent Apps screen rather than showing as individual native apps.
Hermit premium comes with a one-time fee of $5.99 nut the free version lets you use most features needed. But if you really want to consider a premium, you are a game.
Setting Up Lite Apps with Hermit
You can apply some settings for each lite app you create with Hermit. You might consider blocking some content for an app or specify some personal rules.
Some of the options that can be customized are:
- Block intrusive ads
- Enable Data Saver mode
- Open the app as full-screen
- Pull from top to refresh
- Add Scroll to Top button
- Set a custom theme and icon
- Open app in frameless mode
- Always open as Desktop site
- Load images or stop images from loading
- Toggle Do Not Track to stop sites tracking
- Open the Lite app or in the default third-party browser
- Allow or deny location permissions, access to photos, videos, and files, access to camera and microphone.
With these settings, you can customize your website lite apps site better.
- Best Blogging Websites to Create a Blog
- 6 Top Websites to Make Money Online by Renting
- Protect your WhatsApp Account from Being Stolen
Found this post helpful? Please share!
- Fixed: Tower of Fantasy 7812021 Error - August 11, 2022
- Fixed: Verification of Some Files Failed Tower of Fantasy - August 11, 2022
- Fixed: The Game Has Initialized Incorrectly Dead By Daylight - August 11, 2022