Read receipt feature notifies the sender of a message when the receiver has read the message sent. Here, you will learn how to turn off read receipts on Facebook Messenger and Apple iMessage.
Facebook Messenger and Apple's iMessage have the read receipt feature which helps to notify the sender of the message when the receiver has read their message, just like on Instagram and the WhatsApp blue tick shown next to a message that has been read.
A read receipt is a very useful feature. It helps people to know when their message has been seen by the other party in a conversation. However, it could tamper with a user’s privacy especially if you are the type that loves to keep things private.
Disabling the read receipt function will deprive a sender of the freedom to know when you have read their message. You can turn off read receipts on Facebook Messenger and iMessage at any time.
- How to Add Special Effects to Instagram Messages
- How to Schedule WhatsApp Messages on Smartphones
- 5 Cool Things You Don’t Know You Can Do With WhatsApp
If you would like to turn off read receipts on Facebook Messenger and Apple iMessage, kindly follow the steps outlined below.
How to Turn Off Read Receipts on iMessage
- Launch the iMessage app on your iPhone and tap Settings.
- Next, tap Messages and look for Send Read Receipts
- Now, Toggle off to disable the function.
You can also disable read receipts for specific chats simply by going to the user's chat. Tap on the user's profile picture and select the Info icon. Find Send Read Receipt option and toggle it off.
How to Turn Off Read Receipts on Facebook Messenger
On Facebook Messenger, there is no option to disable read receipts. The only available option can only help you deactivate the Active On displayed when you are online and shows the last time you were online. To prevent your friends from seeing it, launch the Messenger app and click on the profile icon. Find From Active On and toggle it Off.
There is an alternative means you can use to prevent Facebook Messenger from notifying other users when you have viewed their message and the process goes thus;
- When you receive a new message on Facebook Messenger, simply turn on Airplane Mode on your phone from Settings or through the notification drawer.
- Next, open the message and read without the Internet on your phone.
- Once you are done reading, close the app completely from your app drawer and turn off Airplane mode.
Open the app again and the message will be shown unread. The sender won’t know that you have read their message.
- Learn to Unfriend in PUBG Mobile
- How to Use Messenger Rooms on WhatsApp
- How to Know If Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp