Would you like to add some security extra security to your Instagram account? Here, you will be learning how to turn on two-factor authentication on Instagram.
Enabling two-factor authentication will help you improve your Instagram account security and protect your account from hackers and attacks. With 2FA enabled, you will need an additional verification step when you log in to your account using an unfamiliar device.
You may also like:
- How to Link Your WhatsApp Account to Facebook Page(Opens in a new browser tab)
- How to Disable or Delete Instagram Reel
- Learn to Unlock iPhone Devices Using Dr Fone(Opens in a new browser tab)
If you would like to use this feature, kindly follow the procedure below.
How to Turn on Two-Factor Authentication on Instagram
- Launch Instagram on your phone then go to Settings.
- Then, tap Security, then Two-Factor Authentication, then Get Started.
- Proceed to Select Authentication app method as your preferred security method.
- Now, download and set up an authenticator app such as Google Authenticator or Authy.
- Proceed to the security method page on Instagram and enable Authentication app.
- Then, on the next screen that shows, tap Next and you'll be taken to the Google Authenticator app.
- Now, tap Okay to save the key for your account then Add Account.
- Proceed to copy the code on the screen and paste it on Instagram.
- Finally, tap Next, then Done. You will get some recovery codes on the next screen with on-screen instructions on how to store them safely.
You have just turned on 2FA for your Instagram account. Henceforth, when you try to access your account from any strange device, you will be asked to supply code after entering your account password. This will definitely add an additional security level to your Instagram account.
You may also choose the Text message option to allow Instagram to send you a code to your phone number when you log in from an unverified device.
You may also like:
- Hide Online Status and Disable Read Receipts on Instagram
- Edit Photos with Instagram and Save Locally Without Posting
- How to Schedule Posts on Instagram
Found this post on how to turn on two-factor authentication on Instagram helpful? Kindly leave your comments below. Also, remember to share this with friends.