Nowadays, there are a lot of ways through which files can be shared across devices. In this guide, you will be learning how to use Nearby Share to send files on Android devices.
Nearby Share is Android’s file sending app which is very similar to Apple’s AirDrop. It is used to share files, links and media contents easily among close Android devices. It was recently rolled-out in some versions of Google Pixel and Samsung devices.
- How to Hide A Number/Check Hidden Numbers
- How to Flash or Unlock Any Android Phone Yourself
- Learn to Send Whatsapp Messages to Non-Contacts
Nearby Share helps you secure your contents by only allowing you to share with your contacts list alone. You are always in charge and you can decide to let your contacts see your device or keep your device hidden.
- Enable the Bluetooth and Location options on your device.
- Now, go to Settings and tap Google.
- Further, tap Device Connections and then Nearby Share. Now tap to toggle on. Once this is done, sharing should be activated and you will be able to share your contents with people nearby.
- Go to your device gallery and open any file you would like to send.
- Tap Share and choose Nearby Share. All nearby devices will be shown to you. Be sure that the other device you want to send to is really close to yours so you can find them.
- Select the device from the options and tap Send. finally, your file is sent and a notification displaying Sent will be displayed on your device when the process is completed.
- Also, to receive a file from a nearby device, the process is initiated on the other device with a notification sent to your device to accept or reject the file being sent.
- To use Nearby Share, both Bluetooth and Location must be enabled on both devices.
- Also, ensure both devices are close enough to allow easy sharing of files.
- Get 7GB Free Data on 9Mobile When You Activate eSim
- How to Turn on Two-Factor Authentication on Instagram
- How to Copy Whatsapp Status on Android Devices Without External App
Found this post on how to use Nearby Share to send files on Android devices helpful? Remember to leave a comment below this post. Lastly, do not forget to share with friends.