Signal, one of the competitors that posed a threat to WhatsApp last year also allow users to connect on laptop and PC. You can easily sync your Signal account between your phone and PC, and chat from both ends without any issue. Here is how to use Signal on a Laptop or PC.
Having a Signal account will get you opened to lots of features. Signal start getting noticed last year following the aftermath of a situation where WhatsApp made unfair changes to its terms. Many of their users feel betrayed and hence, the need to switch to a new messaging app.
However, a tweet from Elon Musk which looks like a piece of advice to install the Signal app gave it a very good boost around the world.
- How to Use Windows 10 in Dark Mode
- How to Delete Uber and Uber Eats Account
- Learn to Watch Reels Videos on Instagram
- Learn to set up your WordPress Theme Features
- How to Enable and Use Back Tap Gestures on Android
Just like WhatsApp, Signal also lets you send and receive text messages and as well, make and receive voice and video calls. One of the reasons why many preferred it is for its enhanced security as a result of the open-source Signal Protocol it uses.
Other features of Signal include privacy features like the disappearing messages, screen security, and registration lock.
Unlike WhatsApp Web which can be accessed via a web browser or the desktop app, Signal does not have a web client. As a result of this, you can only chat on a PC using the desktop app and not a web browser.
First, you will need to download and install the Signal desktop app for your PC OS. The download is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms. The installation requires at least 64-bit Windows 7 for Windows OS, macOS 10.10, or 64-bit Linux distributions supporting APT, like Ubuntu or Debian.
How to Use Signal on a Laptop or PC
To use Signal on your computer, kindly follow the process below.
- Download and install Signal on your Windows PC, move Signal to your Applications folder if on macOS or follow on-screen instructions to configure the Signal repository and install its package on Linux.
- After the installation, launch and pair Signal on your desktop with your mobile by scanning the QR code showing on the PC screen. To do this, go to Signal Settings >> Linked Devices and tap + sign on Android or Link New Device on iPhone.
- Next, choose a name for your Linked Device and finally tap Finish.
You have just successfully paired your Signal account and syncing will now be allowed between your mobile and PC devices. You will start to receive messages on both ends and can reply as well.
- How to Use Messenger Rooms on WhatsApp
- Pokémon GO v0.201.0 APK MOD Free Download
- How to Cancel Spotify Premium Free Trial
- Latest WhatsApp Plus – WhatsApp+ MOD APK
- How to Change Language on Facebook and Instagram
Found this helpful? Please share with friends.