Now, your WhatsApp business account does not have to be the same as your personal account. Here, you will be learning how to use two WhatsApp accounts on an Android phone.
WhatsApp is a free instant messaging app available on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac. It is one of the most popular around.
Some of the features of WhatsApp allows users to send messages to people or groups, make voice and video calls with people or group, send voice recordings known as voice note and more as long as they have internet access. You can check out our compilation of some of the features of WhatsApp you probably haven’t been using on your Android and iPhone devices.
- How to Identify the Owner of a Phone Number
- How to Make Your Smartphone Charge Faster
- Learn to Automate Tasks on iPhone Using Shortcuts
WhatsApp account is created using phone numbers. Once you log in to an account on your mobile device, you won’t be able to do this on another device, unless it is a PC and you can connect using WhatsApp web.
Two WhatsApp Accounts on an Android Phone
Similarly, you cannot use two different accounts on the same Android device. However, this restriction has been bypassed over the years through the use of Clone apps from Google Play. To make it more interesting, most phone makers now provide this function as an inbuilt feature in their devices. This has been confirmed on Android smartphones from the like of Samsung, Huawei, Oppo, Xiaomi, Vivo, Infinix, among others. However, you may find this feature has a different name on these devices.
Read on to find out how to use two WhatsApp accounts on an Android phone.
On an Infinix device running XOS for example, go to Settings >> XClone and choose WhatsApp to use dual accounts. Similarly, on Xiaomi with MIUI, go to Settings >> Apps >> Dual apps. Samsung app cloner can be found in Settings >> Advance features >> Dual Messenger. On Oppo, go to Settings >> App Cloner. Vivo app clone is found in Settings >> Apps and notifications >> App Clone. Huawei and Honor have theirs as App twin which can be found under Settings >> Apps. Realme has its own App cloner under Settings >> App management. On OnePlus however, go to Settings >> Utilities >> Parallel Apps. If you are using a different device, you just need to play around with the settings app to find where the feature is located.
How to Use Two WhatsApp Accounts on an Android Phone
- Grab your smartphone and go to Settings.
- Find the app cloner for your device.
- Find WhatsApp from the listed apps and toggle it on.
- Now go back to the home screen to see the cloned WhatsApp version which can be used for your second account.
- Launch the cloned WhatsApp and tap Agree and Continue from the Terms and Conditions screen.
- Enter a different phone number and verify using the OTP that is sent for verification.
- How to Use Signal on a Laptop or PC
- 10 Ways to Block Porn on Your Kid's Devices
- 10 Most Dangerous Apps To Block On Teens Devices
Having dual WhatsApp accounts on the same Android phone is as easy as that.