You do not have to stick to a screen when watching a YouTube video on your iOS device. Here, you will be learning how to watch YouTube video in picture-in-picture mode on iPhone.
The picture-in-picture (PiP) mode is very useful and allows users to multitask while using their mobile devices. To use this feature on iPhone or iPad, you are required to have iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 respectively. Also, to watch videos in picture-in-picture mode, you must be a YouTube premium subscriber.
The feature only works with web browsers like Safari and Chrome at the moment but not with the YouTube app.
- How to Save Photos in JPG Format on iPhone
- Learn to Add Widgets to Home Screen on iOS 14
- How to Transfer Contacts from an Android Device to iPhone
Here's how to watch YouTube videos in picture-in-picture mode on iPhone
How to Watch YouTube Video in Picture-in-Picture Mode on iPhone
Before you proceed, ensure you have either iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 on your device and you are a YouTube premium subscriber. Also, ensure you have signed in with the account associated with the paid subscription.
- Start your Web browser and log in to YouTube with your YouTube Premium subscription account.
- Once you log in, now start watching any video and you can switch to full-screen mode by tapping the square icon from the bottom right of the video.
- Next, tap the video to view controls and then, tap the picture-in-picture icon from the top-left, beside the close button.
- You can also enable the picture-in-picture mode when you double-tap the screen with two fingers or swipe upwards from the bottom of your device.
When the picture-in-picture mode is enabled, you can use another app while your video continues playing.
To exit the picture-in-picture mode, simply tap the icon from the top-right side or double-tap the video with two fingers.
Found this post on how to watch YouTube videos in picture-in-picture mode on iPhone helpful? Please share with friends.