Pop-ups on web browsers are, at most times, annoying. The most annoying part of this is that most websites now use this prompt because they either want to show you notifications or know your location. In this regard, I will be discussing how to stop annoying pop-ups on popular web browsers.
If you are tired of receiving annoying pop-up prompts on your devices, then I must tell you that you're on the right page.
Stopping annoying pop-up prompts is very easy, and our aim in this discussion is to help you turn that feature off forever with just a few clicks.
Recently, we discussed the 5 Best Web Browsers, and I will encourage you to take a quick look.
Now straight to the business of the day.
- How to Allow Pop-ups on Mac
- How to Manage Google Chrome Extensions
- Free Tools To Run An Online Business With
How to Stop Annoying Pop-ups on Popular Web Browsers
Firefox is no doubt one of the best and popular browsers around. It has many beautiful features, which makes it a good choice for anyone who cares about their browsing speed and security on the world wide web.
However, if you use Firefox and would like to stop the annoying browser pop-ups, I encourage you to follow the steps below.
How to Stop Annoying Pop-ups on Mozilla Firefox
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your PC
- Type “about: config” in the address bar and press enter.
- A warning page will be displayed notifying you that changing advanced configuration preferences can impact Firefox performance or security. Just click on “Accept the risk” and continue to the next page.
- Now use the search preference name bar to find “dom.web notifications.enabled” and “geo. enabled”
- For both entries, click twice and set their values to false.
You have just successfully disabled annoying pop-ups on your Mozilla Firefox browser.
Opera – The browser that prevents crypto-jacking, as claimed, is one of the web browsers of all time. Users of the Opera browser didn't make the wrong choice!
How to Stop Annoying Pop-ups on Opera Browser
- Launch the Opera Browser
- Click on the menu
- From the dropdown, select Settings and then go to the Websites tab.
- Find location and notifications prompts listed halfway through the website section of Opera's menu settings.
- Set both options to “do not allow”, and bravo, you have successfully disabled annoying pop-ups on Opera Browser.
Google Chrome for PC
From the name, anyone could guess that Chrome is owned by Google, which is not a lie. Let us look at how you can block pop-ups on Google Chrome.
How to Stop Annoying Pop-ups on Google Chrome for PC
- Launch the Google Chrome browser app
- From the dropdown menu, find and click on “Settings.”
- Scroll down to the bottom to find and click on “Advanced”, then to “Content settings”.
- Find and click on “Location” and “Notifications” separately from Chrome's content settings option to disable both.
You have successfully disabled annoying pop-ups on your Google Chrome browser.
Google Chrome for Android
Disabling the mobile version of Google Chrome is quite different from the PC version. To stop annoying pop-ups on Google Chrome for Android, follow the steps below.
How to Stop Annoying Pop-ups on Google Chrome for Android
- Launch Google Chrome on your Android
- From the Chrome menu on the top right corner, select “Settings”.
- Now scroll down to “Advanced” and click “Site settings”. Settings for both Location and Notifications are both located here.
- Change the settings for both to “Block”, and you're good to go.
Here is another guide on how Google can help you keep your passwords safe and secure.
Microsoft Edge is Microsoft's web browser. It was first released for Windows 10 and Xbox One in 2015, followed up with Android and iOS in 2017 and finally for macOS in 2019.
Edge is integrated with Cortana and has extensions that have been made readily available on the Microsoft Store.
How to Stop Annoying Pop-ups on Microsoft Edge
- From your PC, launch the app and click on “Settings.”
- Go to “View Advance Settings”, and from there, go to “Notification”.
- You can then customize the settings as you want.
I believe you would agree with me that disabling annoying pop-ups on the Microsoft Edge browser is very easy and fast.
Safari is a web browser owned and developed by Apple. It was first released on the desktop in 2003 for Mac OS X Panther and finally had a mobile version for the iOS devices since the iPhone's introduction in 2007.
Safari is the default browser on all Apple devices.
How to Stop Annoying Pop-ups on Microsoft Edge
- Launch the Safari app and click on the menu
- Click on Preferences and go to the Websites tab.
- On the left side menu, you'll find Location and Notifications.
- You will find per website settings based on the currently opened tabs on location. To deny your location to all websites, go straight to the bottom right corner and select the “When visiting other websites” option.
- Select “deny”, and you have just done a fantastic job.
- On the Notification settings, uncheck the “Allow websites to ask for permission to send push notifications” option.
Congratulations, you have just successfully disabled pop-ups on Safari Browser.
Safari Browser for iPhone and other iOS Devices
How to Stop Annoying Pop-ups on Safari for iPhone and iOS
- On iOS devices, go to Settings
- Navigate to Privacy and Location Services.
- Find the settings for Safari Websites and set it to “Never”.
- You have just successfully learned to disable pop-ups on Popular Web Browsers, and you have just said No to all browser pop-ups on your devices!
Finally, we have concluded this discussion on how to stop annoying pop-ups on popular web browsers—no need to get annoyed anymore when browsing.
I believe this article has helped you overcome a problem. Sharing is caring. Help us share this post with your friends on popular platforms.
- How to Access Blocked Websites
- How to Use Two WhatsApp Accounts on an Android Phone
- Stop WhatsApp from Downloading Media Files Automatically
We love feedback, don't forget to leave your comments.