Things You Need to Know Before Buying that Bitcoin. This post will be discussing everything you need to know before your investment in bitcoin.
Things You Need to Know Before Buying that Bitcoin
What is bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the first ever decentralized digital currency, created and held electronically. No one controls it. Bitcoins aren’t printed like naira, dollars or euros – they’re produced by people using software that solves mathematical problems. Its most important characteristic is that it is decentralized as no single institution controls the bitcoin network.
Also Read: MTN is Giving Out Free Data to its Customers
How bitcoin works?
Since no bank is involved, so when a person A transfers bitcoin to another person B, all the information is recorded in a public ledger, known as the Blockchain. This ledger records all of the transaction that has taken place since the last ledger.
For transferring bitcoin, you can have a private key of your own wallet and get the public key of another’s person wallet. Every bitcoin wallet can have one or more public keys that can be distributed to everyone but can have only one private key which only the owner of that wallet can know.
People Also Read:
- Bitcoin is inflation-proof.
- It is relatively still in its infancy.
- It has cheaper transaction fees.
- Bitcoins can be much more secure and reliable.
- It is subject to capital gain without a cap limit value to fiat currency.
- It eliminates third parties between you and your money.
- There have been a number of high-profile cases of bitcoin hacks.
- Bitcoin has zero intrinsic value. It’s a digital “currency” only if some people are willing to recognize it as currency.
- It is not the same as , which, while not backed by gold, is backed by the full faith of the government.
- Bitcoin is more about speculating on price than an investment.
- Bitcoin is still a very volatile asset and is only something for risk-loving investors.
Now, before investing your hard-earned money on bitcoin, take the following precautions:
- Start with a small amount.
- Find ways to invest your Bitcoin in securities such as loans and IPOs.
- Trade some Bitcoin for Altcoins – each cryptocurrency was created with a different set of goals.
- If you are looking for a stable store of value or a steady price increase over a specific time period, then bitcoin is not for you.
To sum up, an investment in bitcoin is likely to get you good returns. On the other hand, the probability that you will lose some or all of your investment is high. So don’t invest money that you cannot afford to lose.
Editors Pick: How to Make Money Online By Binary Trading
After reading this post on Things You Need to Know Before Buying that Bitcoin, it is up to you to decide whether an investment in bitcoin is in your best interest.